1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

unlocking a cell phone

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Sam Ogle, Dec 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam Ogle

Sam Ogle Member

On the way to church this morning; I wanted to shut my Samsung phone off so it wouldn't ring, and pushed the wrong #$%&!! button, and the phone is now LOCKED.
    It keeps asking me for a code that I don't think I put in.
    How do I fix the darn thing.

Sam Ogle, Lincoln, NE

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Try 0000 or the last 4 digits of your number. If you have never set a code, it is probably pre-set to one of those.

-Gary

3. Sam Ogle

Sam Ogle Member

Gary; you are a genius!! It worked. Thanks a million.
    They say you can Google anything.......I say you can find out anything on TS.com.
    I tell ya, getting to be 69 ain't fer sissies.
    I was just about to head for the phone store, to be gazed on like bulls looking at a bastard calf by some 18 year old employee with rings in his/her noses.
    Yipee!

Sam Ogle, Lincoln, Ne

4. sleepy bill

sleepy bill TS Member

I'm glad to see that this happens to other people besides myself. I have a Samsung phone and it started asking for a password when I would go to my calendar. I took it to the AT&T store and they made a couple of calls and told me it would have to go back to Samsung to be wiped clean. You lose all your info when they wipe it clean. I sat down and started feeding in numbers and five 0's unlocked the phone. I then went in to security and set up a password that I can remember. Hope this works for you.

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Parker - your comment about age rang a bell with me. Should you come to find the 20 year old, miserable "chit" that coined the term "Golden Years," please forward his address to me so I can choke his miserable life away.....Bob Dodd

6. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

LOL @ Parker's last post. Although the situation isn't funny, the post was hilarious.

7. Scotty585

Scotty585 Member

I picked up my briefcase (back in the hard case days)at the airport in Dallas and attempted to unlock it to get my ticket out. I tried my combo a dozen times eventually, I stepped back out of the line and started beating the bejesus out of the Samsonite hard side when a kind older gentleman suggested I try 007. I dismissed him immediately, being a New Yorker, and continued scrambling the combo and trying my combo over and over. Again, the gentleman suggested I try 007. Finally, tired of this, I tried 007 and the case unlocked. Before I opened it, I looked at the man and said "Thanks. What are you, a Samsonite rep or a locksmith?" He said "Neither. I'm the owner of that briefcase. You picked mine up by mistake in the lounge." I could not apologize enough. The gentleman just chuckled and thanked me for the laugh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.