1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Unloader-Shotgun Shell Dismantler

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by TRW369, Aug 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TRW369

TRW369 TS Member

Just wanted to let everyone know how useful this little tool is especially when you need to open up shotgun shells that are not suitable to shoot. I ordered this tool from Gary Bulley and within a few days of receipt of my check he shipped it out to me priority mail. Thanks again for your most useful tool.

Terry
    215 570 6666

2. Lou Tenant

Lou Tenant Active Member

Do you have a website link ?

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Gary does not have a web site but I will PM you his phone number

4. TRW369

TRW369 TS Member

HE ACTUALLY SENT ME AN EXTRA BLADE FOR MY UNIT. HE ADVERTISED IF YOU MAIL HIM AN EXTRA "SAE" HE WILL SEND YOU AN EXTRA BLADE.

TERRY

5. kene

kene TS Member

Interesting looking tool. Have a lot of use for it given the number of "botched" reloads I have collected and stored.

One question tho -- how can you safely remove live primers from hulls after taking shot,wad and powder from it?? that has been bugging me ...

thanks

6. zaob1

zaob1 Member

I have unloaded thousands of primers from unusable shells using my reloader with no problem or mishaps. email me if you have questions.

Rick

7. TRW369

TRW369 TS Member

I too always place the empty hull with a live primer in it back into the press and decap it. Never had any problems with any of them ever going off on me.

Terry

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Here is mine. One of the best tools i have ever bought and hands down the prettiest.
    grntitan_2009_2503126.jpg

9. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

UNLOADER you have a P M

10. dverna

dverna Active Member

I got mine two years ago to unload about 400 "defects" collected over the last 5-6 years. That is lot to do at one sitting but the tool works very well.

I purchased about half dozen as gifts and everyone loved them. One guy at the club copied it and made a sub gauge model as a thank you gift for me.

Gary is a great guy to deal with too.

Don Verna

11. himark

himark Well-Known Member

I have borrowed mine out to a fellow shooter that just got into reloading....you could say he got some use out of it at first :) Hands down best tool on the bench! I did try a razor blade in it and it didnt fit. Does he still do the blade replacements you guys are talking about??

12. psfive

psfive Member

By far the best looking tool on the bench! And not only is it pretty but it works better than it looks. I have a little cabinet I keep the tools I use on my reloading bench in. But my Unloader has a little shelf that it sets on where it can be seen and talked about. Paul in Nebraska.

13. doc boc

doc boc Member

Hey unloader I need one. email me with address so i can send check. thanks doc

14. HotRodA10

HotRodA10 Member

Hello, I'll take one as well. Please send address for the check. Thanks. Rod

15. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I have a bandsaw on my loading bench, I just do a cut just through the hull in the area between base and shot cup, very, very fast, set them aside till I do all of them, then remove the upper portion, salvage the powder, then slip the wad out and catch the shot, then dump the spent primers from my MEC Loader, and punch out the live primers into the primer tray, I just did 62 shells the other night off my now gone PW Loader. Will never ever have another PW Loader. Way too much aggrevation, w/primer catcher, jamming spent primers, over charging shells.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

16. Kevin Fleming

Kevin Fleming Active Member

That's great, but this thread is about Mr Bulley's wonderful art/tool "The Unloader".

17. MKillian

MKillian TS Member

<blockquote>"Will never ever have another PW Loader. Way too much aggrevation, w/primer catcher, jamming spent primers, over charging shells."</blockquote>

Good! PW loaders should be reserved for the people who know how to use them!

People who think that hammers have too many moving parts should buy another brand!

Mike

18. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

LOL, thats a good one Gary. ou are right on with it too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
how to use the shot shell unloader
how unloader shotgun
shell dismantlers
shotgun shell dismantler
shotgun shell dissmantler