1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Unlike our government

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by GrandpasArms, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

I don't engage in any activity I can't afford. I would be a poor politician.

When a round of trap/skeet gets too costly I'll do something else with my time and dollars. Furthermore, I vow to not start complaining about how great it was back in the old days when shot was $10.00 a bag, factory shells were $2.50 a box, and a round of shooting only cost a buck.

Regardless of all the crap that goes down these days, I'm better off and happier than I have been at any time in my 66+ years on this earth.

2. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Well Grandpa, let me do it for you. $40.00 per bag shot is outrageous. $4.00+ per round of targets is ridiculous. I remember and wish things were like they were in the good ole days.

You're welcome.

:)

3. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

Oh well, If you figure a round was $1 in 1970 then it should be $5.92 today. Shot was about $12 to me in 1970 - today it should be about $71. Looks like we are keeping cost under control in both areas.

Did your income go up as much? If you were making $16,000 in 1970 you should be over $94,000 today.

http://www.inflationdata.com/Inflation/Inflation_Calculators/Cumulative_Inflation_Calculator.aspx

Did you know the inflation rate was over 10% per year 1980, 1981, 1982?

4. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

According to Kitco Metals lead prices hit $1.0864 per pound today. Figure that's $27.16 of lead in a bag of shot. Just keep adding things like antimony, graphite, processing, the bag, handling and transportation costs and that's why shot is $40.00 a bag. Keep in mind, the Federal Reserve is adding $80,000,000,000.00 a month of paper to this eceonomy which goes right to the base metal prices, may be with the exception of precious metals. Your Government, at the very least, is partially responsible for rising costs. Also, keep in mind that targets bought by the pallet is around $10.00 a case. Our Club still charges $3.00 a round but it's getting harder to makes ends meet. No one gets paid for Managing or running the trap. BT100dc

5. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

20 years from now ... these will be the Good Old Days!

6. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Slowp,

Shot was $11 nine years ago, no our income has not went up in nine years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.