1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Unknown primers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jbmi, Dec 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I was given a dozen boxes of older relaods that I'm breaking down for the components. (don't like to shoot someones reloads that I don't know )
    Shot is still good, some of the wads are the old fiber kind and the powder is all the same but I'm throwing that away. All the primers are the same, and I've discharged a few to get a nice crisp loud report. They have a silver ring around a brass colored center. I'm not sure who made them but if I decide to reuse them and choose a moderate load based on them being the hottest primer out there, do you see a problem ?

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Jim- I would not use them. They could be great, but if I am wondering if the primers are any good while I am shooting, my score will suffer. It takes very little to distract me.

Pat Ireland

3. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

Ditto .....load for the HOTTEST primer.......Load for that and I'll shoot next to you. BUT........when in doubt............throw them OUT !

4. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

put a pic on and I'll tell you what they are.

5. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

Fred, have you ever used Gary "The Unloader's" shell dismantler? If so, I would SERIOUSLY doubt "pellet" damage. I damage my pellets all the time ! WHEN IN DOUBT....THROW IT OUT.

6. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

Sorry........Fred left?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.