1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Universal trigger spring for MX8 drop out trigger

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tractorboy, Sep 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tractorboy

tractorboy Member

Back in February of this year, I believe that Whiz White was evaluating an aftermarket spring kit where the same spring could be used for both upper and lower barrels. Does anyone how the tests came out? Is a universal spring now available?

2. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

Yep they are available, requires a pin to be added to the trigger block I believe, Call Whiz he has the particulars.

Rick

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I have the kits now. $115.00 and postage.

Don't use PM, but standard email or call.

[​IMG]

WW

4. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

In this system, does the spring last longer? Is there any other advantage to this other than you don't need to keep two different springs? Thanks Bruce

5. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

I shot approx. 1000 shells with these springs, not enough to say if they'll last longer than factory springs, but the interchangeable (L/H) configuration is a big plus for me. The other good thing is, I can change it back to factory springs if I want to without ruin my trigger housing.

6. tractorboy

tractorboy Member

Could you provide a little more information on this subject, please. How do you go about installing the required pin into the trigger block? Is this something that the average user could do or does it require a gunsmith to do it?

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

The written instructions that comes packaged with these spring/tool kits make the installation very easy. If you can file a little metal away, you can install these springs. I love them and glad I got the set.

Hap

8. Steve W

The pin goes in the existing hole of the trigger housing, no modification.

The later version of the pin has a better fit, not much filing needed.

9. tractorboy

tractorboy Member

Could you please explain the filing that is required. Are you filing on the pin that comes with the spring kit or are you filing on the trigger itself?

10. tractorboy

tractorboy Member

Could someone please provide a little more detail on what has to be filed?

11. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

I would be interested in more information as to the filing/installation for the Universal springs as well.

Thanks.

Allen

12. Steve W

The early pins are a little too tight for the hole, file the pin to fit, not the hole, if you enlarge the hole, there's no way back.

13. doberman37

doberman37 Member

Will the new springs work in the Precision gold trigger with double release

14. Steve W

From what I understand, Precision has their own version of the replacement springs. It require modification to your trigger housing, cost a few hundred dollars, and no turning back.

15. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

We have gotten alot of dialog on pin size, and one that they work for one thousand rounds. What other than you can use the same spring on either side, are the advantages of this system. Bruce

16. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

When I installed mine, I had to file a very small amount on the back of the lock sleeve to get it locked on the pin. A few strokes with a standard flat file and it was a done deal.

I'd guess the plate thicknesses may be a tad different on some P trigger assys??

Hap

17. decimamas 54

decimamas 54 Active Member

decimamas54_2008_030338.jpg

decimamas54_2008_030339.jpg

decimamas54_2008_030340.jpg

I read your threads and let me explane a little bit better about these new springs.
    The first sensation would be that the only advantage about these new springs is that you don't have to bring with you two different type of springs but there is a lot more. Every Perazzi's owner knows that the only problem of their guns is the springs. Our goal was to make a spring that last longer than the original but in the same time respect:parameters, price, quality, easy mounting and the possibility to come back to the original setup. It wasn't easy but at the end we did it and more because the springs been shorter it is faster of the original. I add also that the springs are forged made and that's the only way to make flat springs for guns.
    About mounting them it is easy to do but we know that some people are not mechanical incline and for this reason I made two different pin: one snap in type and might need a little bit touching, the other one screw in type and they both can be put in with a tool that I'm making now (see photos).
    For any questions contact me or Whiz

18. tractorboy

tractorboy Member

decimamas 54, could you explain why the C-clamp is required? Are you press fitting the pin into the trigger housing?

It looks like the threaded pin (A) has hex ends on them in order to allow them to be tightened with a wrench. Personally, I like this approach best because I believe it would be easiest to install, and remove, and at the same time would provide a tighter fit than the snap on version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.