1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Universal shot bar ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by chatbrat, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chatbrat

chatbrat TS Member

Got a used universal shot bar, I've noticed sometimes, the shot is shaved--what is the cause? more important how do I fix it---thanx ---Phil

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Have you got a rubber grommet under the shot bottle? Is that grommet pretty new? Can you replace it with a new one or at least turn it over or turn it 180* so that a new surface is dealing with the shot as the bar slides to and fro? This usually ends shearing of shot in my two universal bars - and I doubt it relates to the bar being a universal type, could happen with the original Mec bar too.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

3. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

chatbrat, doesn't the universal bar that you have a rubber insert beside the shot cavity? If not and the original bars didn't this could also be the cause. If so there is not much you can do. The newer ones had these inserts.

4. chatbrat

chatbrat TS Member

Thanks guys---the rubber bushing done dood it---Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.