1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Universal/Multi-Scale Charge Bar ??

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by ExFedex, Jun 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

0   0   0

For those with experience using this bar on MEC reloaders my question is do you follow mfgrs. direction and install the zinc insert on shot side? Seems to make operation rough always shearing lead shot. MEC of course uses a rubber like insert in their later bars. Thanks for your input. Bill H.

2. CLP101

CLP101 TS Member

0   0   0

The universal bar is not as smooth to operate as a solid bar. It will shear shot and smear powder. But you will be able to make any load you want. Thats the trade off. The trick is to push it quickly and hard when dropping the shot. Sometimes you will still have to move it back and forth a couple of times before it shears off the shot. Also, the smaller the shot the easier it works. I use it to work up loads then buy a bar bushing combo to match. Mine is old, 1970's, and only goes one way.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

The real trick is to dial past the desired load a hair and then back to the exact load. Test weigh the loads after the whole loading process. In other words,if you adjust and just test weigh the drop it will give you a lighter drop than it will after the shell goes thru all the stages. I found them very accurate once you perfected the adjustment part. The drawback is dealing with sheared shot and time consuming adjustments. I sold mine. To easy to change bushings and get close enough. A few tenths, hundreds or thousands of a grain difference does amount to anything. Consistency is more important than precise drops. An example: 19gr of Green Dot is undetectable by shooting over 19.3gr of Green Dot.

Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mult scaleuniversal

multi-scale universal charge bar