1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Universal Clays = Win. Super Lite?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by piddie, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. piddie

piddie TS Member

Anyone know if this is true? What ever happened to super Lite powder? I did my best shooting with it.

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Win. has a new powder out now that is for low recoil. From a 7/8 oz. load at 950 fps. to a l &1/8 oz at ll50 fps. It is suppose to be a very good powder I have HEARD good things about it, but have not tryed it myself. PS I don't know about the old Lite powder.Hope this helps you. Break-em all Jeff

3. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

WSL went bye-bye and it is NOT the equivalent of Universal Clays.

4. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

The new Winchester AA Lite is similar to the old Super Lite, but not identical. The Super Lite was discontinued about 4 years ago. The new AA Lite came out early this year, and it is readily available. It has very little recoil for light 12 ga. loads. Universal Clays by Hodgdon is a great powder for handicap and sporting clay loads in 12 ga. Super Lite and Universal are for very different loads.

5. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Universal Clays is designed to be used in 20 and 28 gauge loads. Not primarily a 12 gauge powder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.