1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Univ. of KY Shotgun Tournament @ Wilmore, KY

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Charlie Becknell, Nov 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

Blue Grass Traps and the BG Skeet and Sporting Clays at Blue Grass Sportsmens League are helping the University of Kentucky Skeet and Trap Team host their (annual) invitational tournament at Wilmore this weekend, Nov. 7th and 8th. We have guests from Virginia, KY, Ill., Missouri, and Indiana. I would like to say that these young people are not only good shooters , they are great kids. They have helped us keep our prices down by helping out with running the shoot. Any of you that have kids attending this shoot have a right to proud of the youngsters you have reared. It has been a pleasure having them visit Lexington (again). Our club allows college students to shoot at the club for member prices to encourage young people to learn to enjoy the shooting sports. This has been an annual event and they have a blast. If you are interested in finding out more on this event you can contact me at xxcab4trap@insightbb.comxx, just leave off the x's. Our program started Friday night with skeet and trap under the lights. Sat. and Sunday there are two rotations, one day of shooting 25 singles, 25 handicap from the 22yd. line and 50 doubles, and 5 Stand. The next day you shoot Sporting Clays ( and I believe, some Skeet). If you get a chance, come to our next U KY Shotgun Shoot.

Charlie Becknell

2. Charlie Becknell

I spoke with Daniel (UK Student and fine young man) after the shoot today and they are planning on having a Spring Shoot at Blue Grass. Daniel said we had some shooters from Ohio,also. I was surprised that we did not have a team from Tennessee. All of the students said they had a real good time.

Charlie

3. ESMDHokie

ESMDHokie TS Member

It was a great shoot and the Virginia Tech Clay Target Team had a great time!

-Phil Cathell

4. Charlie Becknell

I am glad that you had fun. Those targets on Saturday morning were pretty wild in the wind. I did not hear a single complaint over the target setting all weekend. We look forward to the Spring Shoot.

Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.