1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

UNIQUE POWDER

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GRR, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GRR

GRR TS Member

Does anybody have any favorite long yardage recipes for Unique powder?

2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

There's a whole bunch of them at Alliant's website. Mash the link above. My favorites are usually somewhere between 23 and 24 grains of Unique, a decent wad, 1 1/8 oz of shot, STS or AA hull, and whatever primer they list in the data that complies with my stock on hand. The load I would use the most is listed there. It is 23.5 grains of Unique, CCI209M primer, STS hull, Versalite Wad, and 1 1/8 of good hard shot. Pressures are 9900 PSI. It is a great cold weather load. Same load in the Winchester AA hull, except using the Winchester 209 primer. Steps out around 1250 fps and will break targets well out past 50 yards if I put the shot where it needs to be.

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

In my never-to-be-humble-opinion, a better balanced powder for Caps loads than Green Dot. Makes a Martian Death Ray out of a trap gun.

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Well.. it's wonderful to see we are all on the same page.. Remington hull/Versalite wad/1 1/8oz shot/ Fiocchi primer/24 grains Unique 1255 fps.. Hard to get a better long range shell than this..

5. pheasantmaster

pheasantmaster Well-Known Member

Verify before loading on Alliant website, my favorite long ranger is as follows.

Win AA

Win 209

WAA12F114

1 1/4 oz shot (preferably 5's)

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Backwoods wheres the powder??

7. GRR

GRR TS Member

Thanks to all that supplied info, but I would have thought that their would have been more users. With it's low PSI I would have thought a greater number of shooters using this powder.

8. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

Unique [like Red Dot] is not "glamorus enough" to use for many shooters.
    I have been useing both with success for 30+yrs and they are like old friends.
    Now if they would bring back the old 8lb cardboard kegs life would be sweet!

9. Hatshooter

Hatshooter TS Member

Love Unique for long range caps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.