1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Unique Pens for Shooters?

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by little gambler, Nov 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I purchased a lathe for some wintertime entertainment, so far I have all of my fingers still. I built a few custom pens in the past week. Are there any shooters interested in these or is it a waste of time?? They would make a perfect gift for the guy who shoots and has everything, but a pen to write the next check for his next gun! This style of pen is a bigger style, easy to write with, rubber grip bands on the front. Smooth gel refill accepts parker style ball point refills also. Ea one of these are pretty unique. The two that match are X and O style where it looks like rings criss crossing each other. The others are burl wood with a blue and purple acrylic resin injected into them and they look like a Caribbean beach with sand and ocean. I don’t have any fancy boxes with these yet. I’m trying to see if anyone even opens this thread. Price is 37.00 each and I will deal with the shipping. Send them back if you get one and don’t like it.

Email me if you have any requests or comments. Thanks l.g.

2. little gambler

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

3. little gambler

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Third.

The blue rings are pretty dark and solid in color. The flash makes them look somewhat off color.

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I like unique pens but $37 is kind of pricey. Now if you could make a pen that looks like a AA, Federal or Remingon 12 ga shell then you might have something.

Eric

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Mixer. Can you believe that has not dawned on Little Gambler? That would have been the first thing he should have made.

6. capvan

capvan Active Member

0   0   0

Even a pen shaped "AA" shell would do well. Long and slender, out of proportion, but still looking like a hull...

And a little pricey. But what isn't these days.

Bruce

7. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

0   0   0

As a pen collector, your prices are VERY REASONABLE!! People don'y know what nice pens really cost [$100 to $500]. Nice work and very attractive. If you are going to market to the shotgun shooter, perhaps you could shape a target into the wood or the shape/outline of a shotgun or a shot shell. But again nice work and the Parker Gel refills are the best. I will keep this mind for holiday gifts. Just a thought... these pens are reasonalble enough that they would make nice ATA event prizes with the gun club logo engraved. Fred

8. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I had a new gun shipped to a local gunsmith for transfer to me and he was using a pen made from two bottleneck rifle cartridge cases (.30-06?) that were butted together in the middle of the pen on their case heads. The top had a pushbutton in place of a bullet and then bottom case's mouth had been tapered to where the ball point extended out. The refill passed through the drilled out primer pockets and it even had a pocket clip.

Ed

9. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

0   0   0

Don't have to see the point of a pen once you have learned how to write..it's by motor memory if you want. I'm not trying to sound like a "wise-a" here, but it's true; close your eyes and write your signature. It will surprise you. But knowing this, why do I look at the barrel sometimes and not the bird? Oh well...

10. little gambler

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

These pens measure 5 5/8" long, they are about 5/8" in diameter, and are about 2 oz in weight. As for them being too fat to see the tip, if your looking down, you can see the tip. I'm dropping the price to 30.00 on these 4 and I will still deal with shipping. Email me if you have any questions. Thanks. l.g.

11. little gambler

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Here's the latest. I built the fish pen for my father for Christmas. 6 inlaid salmon into walnut. I have yet to sell a pen, and won't bring myself to make some gaudy pen from a 50 cal browning case....... :) l.g.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.