1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Union workers threaten to strike

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by pretzel, Nov 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

What do you think of this. I think its pretty low of the unions to strike on the busiest day of the year. I also think they should take a hike , Like the twinkie workers. This is a ecomomic issue at a time we dont need any more things to mess up the economy.

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Dis here post is in severe need of elucidation.

HM

3. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

"It's nothin' personal, it's business"

4. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Boy I like my retirement!

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Me too I hope the checks keep coming.

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

So tell us pretzel...what union is this and at what locations. No info, just your word on this??

I'm not even hoping the retirement checks keep coming, I know they will and I haven't even gotten into some of them yet.

7. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

OK Pretzel

so when should they strike??

GS

8. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

9. likes-to-shoot

"In its complaint Thursday, Walmart said the United Food and Commercial Workers Union and its subsidiary known as OUR Walmart is trying to force the store into collective bargaining """even though it is not the official union for Walmart's employees""". The UFCW represents over a million meat packers and food industry workers."

Apparently they are not union workers so why does the title say "Union workers threaten to strike"?

10. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

This is STILL a free country and people can do as they please so long as it is legal. As always, there are consequences. Chichay

11. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

When have union workers ever given a thought about everyone else that is effected in a strike. Let them strike, I could care less, I will trade with those who do not.

There is a big gap between what they think they are worth and what they are really worth.

A former union guy that was laid off went to a non union job site to see if he could get hired, he asked the foreman how much the job paid and the foreman said, well, we will pay you what you are worth, the former union guy said, heck I cain't work that cheap.

12. halfmile

This stuff is getting out of hand. We went past Best Buy last night (Tuesday) and there were already FOUR (count 'em, 4) tents on the sidewalk next to the entrance.

Retailers are obviously in trouble, and are trying to extend the season of buying madness.

Bet we lose a few. (but the economy is fine, right?)

HM

13. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

Halfmile

"The private sector is doing fine." BHO

14. ONEDOLLARBILL

ONEDOLLARBILL Member

Boy i can feel the LOVE here ! I dont blame them one bit for not working treat people fair they will come to work on their death bed give them nothing well i guess then you can not expecr much ! They are trying to get a point across ! I know not all of you are millionares and most likely had good jobs but this is not the case any more its all for me fook you ! Everyone is pissed off at the hostess Bakers well Im pissed off that the Execs took such huge pay increases when they knew the ship was sinking another example of fook you i can do it so i will

15. halfmile

Look, untermenschen, you can lose the grudge against management. poor management kills companies. excessive union costs kill companies. Overpriced products kill companies.

In the case of Hostess why would you not believe that the strike and the union demands put themout of business?

You want to be irate about management, direct your attention to union management which killed Hostess. Spraying hostility at those whom Obama has told you to hate just labels you.

HM

16. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

17. likes-to-shoot

flyn...All the facts in the world isn't going to change anything.....these people hate unions, union people and anyone within 100 miles of a telephone book that has a union hall number in it. Its only the unions fault and nothing else. It that is the kind of thinking that is going to take us over the fiscal cliff with these guys approval!!

18. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Here is what I think you people should do. Take Kim's advise to another level.

Stop buying, using, and patronizing, anything and everything that was built, maintained, or transported to your hands, by a union employee. Put them all out of work. For that matter, do it with all associated with a Democratic voter, not just the unions. Get rid of everything you own also, that meets this criteria. Although, you can't put it out on the street, because the garbageman can't be involved, and the street is maintained, and built by a union employee.

You people are self reliant enough that you should be able to survive, right? Go for it! Get all of your comrades together, and put your hands to use, and build, gather, collect, and grow everything you need to survive, without the help of a Democratic voting worker, and tell me what your life is like. You think your life sucks now, with all of the bitching and complaining.

I am by far, not a union worker. Never have been. However, your absolutely stupid remarks, that all Democrats don't work, and rely on some kind of assistance, and thinking you are some kind of God to mankind, because you are REPUBLICAN, is absolutely ignorant!

19. halfmile

I don't hate unions. Public sector organizations are not unions in the proper definition.

This had been explained over and over. If some folks don't get it they can go back to watching WWF.

The last couple decades has had a lot of so called union people very busy killing the goose that laid the golden eggs.

Now they have to live with it.

HM

20. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Who Is Going to Hire an Idiot Who Bankrupted Hostess?

Small businessmen are used to bad months from time to time, and will pay their workers and other business expenses out of their own pocket. However, when faced with a bad year and prospects of even more bad years, a decision has to be made to severely cut expenses or close the business.

Seven months ago, after one of my business locations lost money for more than 12 months in a row, I determined that in order to keep my workers employed they would have to take a pay cut of 25% to which they readily agreed. They are not union and they are not stupid - they know finding work these days is not easy. I also told my landlord that my rent would have to be reduced by 33% to which she readily agreed, she also is not stupid, she knows finding tenants these days is not easy. So with these new conditions in place, this particular location, although not making as much money as years before, is no longer losing money and is at least providing some income as opposed to no income for me, my workers and my landlord.

Robert Laurie, writing a Guest Commentary at CainTV, makes this observation regarding the stupid union idiots at Hostess:

The current unemployment situation in America is dismal. Jobs are hard to come by, and hundreds of candidates turn out for each opening. Those who’ve just lost their positions have been thrown into a massive pool of unemployment and will have to compete with a huge number of workers. If that fact isn’t bad enough, imagine you’re a potential employer, faced with a candidate who was a formerly a union member at Hostess.

Do you really want to hire someone who voted to bankrupt and destroy one of America’s great brands, putting 18,000 people out of work, rather than accept a pay cut? If the choice is between two potential new employees, one who struck at Hostess and one who didn’t, who are you going to pick?

I have long maintained that Liberals (this includes anyone who supports unions) are deluded fools who have visited the Kool-Aid fountain one time too many - here is such an example:

The Las Vegas Badger, Update: Hostess Union Workers: Stupid As Hell

You can't make these things up- From the San Fran Chronicle: Outside the Oakland bakery, several striking workers said they weren't sure whether to believe that the company was kaput.

"They play hardball," said Carlos Deltoro of Mountain House, who has put in nine years as a machine operator at the Oakland bakery, located a stone's throw from the Coliseum. "This could be a tactic; that's what we're praying for. We're waiting to hear if it's official."....

These are the same fools who believe the delusion that Islam is a Religion.

=============
    Jerbear

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.