1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Union thread deleted?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by g7777777, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

what happened to the front page story I posted from MSNBC and NBC about the unions have found each of the democratic candidates acceptable and therefore are not going to endorse any of them?

"Labor unions in a pleasant predicament"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20047343/

Democratic candidates are traditionally and sometimes blazingly anti gun-- dont we need to know this?

Did some Union guy complain to the moderator? about reporting on a news story?

what is wrong with that?

2. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Gene, someone flushed the toilet. Greetings from Oregon RG2222222

3. g7777777

LOL

Well I am not anti Union - so dont know why you think unions should be flushed down the toliet

not my intent

But if one of the moderators is Union and deleting threads on that basis- hmm- seems like a problem and we should de crown them for abuse of power dont you think?

4. smartass

smartass TS Member

Gene, it appears that you are being discriminated against. Perhaps you should sue under ADA.

5. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

wait...didnt BigAl/Esterhaus delete his stupid comment from here too?

6. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

GN7777777

Don't you think the link would work better in the "Wesite URL" box, rather than the "Email" one?

Unions can be a big problem and it appears that sometimes corruption is rampant. They certainly don't seem to care what their members want, just what the Union Leaders want. I stopped supporting unions a long time ago. I won't work where I need to join one. That's just my own experience, but you are all entitled to your own opinions on the issue.

7. Wilma Harris

Wilma Harris TS Member

"The political director of the federation, Karen Ackerman, said that thanks largely to the A.F.L.-C.I.O. efforts, 74 percent of union members voted for union-backed candidates in the Congressional elections last year."

This tells us clearly that union members are 74% Democrats, from which all, not just some, but all of the anti-gun laws both in place and proposed, came from Democrats.

8. g7777777

Southbend

I dont agree

I think that just tells us that 74 percent of the members voted as they were told to do--

Gene

PS- posted in URL box correction - thanks for pointing that out

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

"Unions can be a big problem and it appears that sometimes corruption is rampant. They certainly don't seem to care what their members want, just what the Union Leaders want. I stopped supporting unions a long time ago. I won't work where I need to join one."

Well how about that. Quack shot, you can replace the word union in your rant with "government" and the statement will be just as true.

How do you feel about the government?

Unions are a microcosm of our country (before the brown wave of destruction hit) and if the leadership is bad it's because ofthe complacency of the sheep in the rank and file.

Just like half of our citizens enjoying the benefits who don't care to vote or communicate with leadership.

HM

10. g7777777

HM--"Brown wave of Destruction"??????????????

what kind of racial comment is that? I thought unions dont care about race?

11. halfmile

What you see is what you get. Unions care about workers. Cockroaches need to be exterminated. Nothing gets better when parasites abound.

You claim you are not anti union while you make derogatory posts to that end constantly. Go back under your rock.

HM

12. Wilma Harris

Wilma Harris TS Member

GN7777777

Not trying to be arguementive, but when was the last time you saw a major union endorse anyone other than a Democrat in a congressional election?

If you concur, then we can agree that 74% of the Union members voted ".....for union backed candidates......."

13. g7777777

LOL - I dont track who unions endorse but in theory I am willing to agree with you

I just have heard that union guys do as they are told to do by their union bosses and that includes giving up their right to free voting rights-

Gene

14. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Looks like our country is going to get a good look at the quailty of life without unions, just keep trucking in more Mexicans they work cheaper, harder. longer...

15. g7777777

There are actually two new union pushes that are rubbing a lot of people wrong

1. Unions want to do away with secret ballots - so they can intimidate workers and their families into voting for a union- this is plain wrong and not the american way

2. Unions want to be able to fire workers (essentially themselves) if the worker refuses to pay union dues- this is plain wrong- a strong armed tactic and puts unions in the employers place for discipline--- and we call all see many more problems- the unionees would like to call this "fair share"

supposedly all the democrats are in their back pockets on these two issues regardless of the feelings of the american people

someone correct me if I am wrong on either of those two issues please?

regards from Iowa

Gene

PS- Big Al/Esterhaus- are you still masqurading as a school teacher? I noticed those were some of the 137 posts you deleted

16. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

halfmile

Government would have to be another thread and would be off topic here. I like to keep it simple, so if a "government" thread were to come up, I could post there just by cutting and pasting my comments here, and only requiring that I change one word to make it relevent. Saves a lot of typing. :)

17. KGUNFAN

KGUNFAN TS Member

I am a proud life member of the NRA, I am also a proud fourth generation union member.

Yes a union will encourage its members to vote for endorsed canidates. I have never nor anyone I work with, been threatened with our jobs or promotions. This may go on at some work places. It is wrong. Unions do support a majority of democratic canidates, Just like the republicans support the companies that send jobs overseas. You can debate politics forever!

A man should vote what his heart,mind and back pocket tells him, no one else. It is a hard decision at election time for me and alot of unions members. I will vote what I feel is best for me and my family and my constitutional right to own and bear arms. 95% of the time it is gun laws and that the democrat is a liberal @#%.

If it was not for unions we would be living on company ground and shopping at the company store. You would not have the weekend to shoot either. Take it to the bank!

18. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Gene7777777............Its not getting rid of the secret ballots its getting the votes of the prospective members before the company personnel intimidate their employees into voting negative ballots.

The fair share bill is to have non-union employees who are represented by the union (which is required by law in Iowa anyway) pay only their fair share of the cost of negotiations with the employer at contract time.

I'm sure you will twist this information to suit your own needs but then again WHO CARES WHAT YOU THINK!!!!!

Bill

19. halfmile

I never gave a penny to any political candidates and was never told how to vote. There was solicitation of voluntary contributions and there were issues that were important to workers. There were no Republican supporters of the rights of workers to my recollection.

We also were solicited by United Way, which i disagree with because I don't care for the Red Cross organization. So they did not get my money, either. I did give materials and labor to the Salvation Army, which I believe is a decent organization.

Endorsement of a candidate is NOT telling you how to vote.

To say otherwise is just plain stupid. Seeign a lot of that here.

HM

20. smartass

smartass TS Member

Good grief, halfwit, are you daft? Part of your union dues goes to support liberal Demoncraps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.