1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Union takes hostages in Washington state

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by g7777777, Sep 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Unions threaten violence to all republicans and then this? Hoffa needs to go to jail and these people that took hostages need to get 20 years per hostage and that comes to 120 years

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44439782/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

2. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Gene, you haven't seen anything yet as far as violence. I recall Beck predicting this would happen.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Kidnapping and taking hostages is a felony under state and federal laws.

Where is the FBI?

Where are the Washington State Police?

Where is the local sheriff?

Why aren't laws against felonies being enforced in Washington state?

Further, a precedent setting court case in Portland, Oregon held a white supremacist liable for, via his speeches, liable for his followers fatally beating a minority. Will Hoffa be held to these same standards?

4. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

The FBI is in Calif. crashing Obama's green job scam!

5. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

The only thing i can think of to say is that what would you do if the company you work for basically said see you later, I can get people to work for less than half what I am paying you. They have already got us to believe that we are overpaid and the snowball is already rolling down the hill and most everyone does not see what is going to happen when it gets to the bottom. If and when the unions are finally broken (God forbid) I hope all you union bashers get what is coming to you. Once the unions are gone, the republicans won't stop there. They are going to eliminate the middle-class working man. There will only be 2 classes of people in this country, the rich and the poor. No one seems to realize that with all the imports that are coming into this country from overseas that they have turned us into a throw-away society.All these goods coming into the stores for us to purchase are not, and I don't care what you say, as good as what we once made right here at home. They are secretly working us out of all the decent paying jobs. once they get us to 3rd world status, China will come over and end this country once and for all. All Ican say is, be careful what you wish for, it might just come true.

6. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

The libs will take care of the rich and the poor. Well all be in the same pot just like Europe. It will be the elite and the poor. Every things being made in other country's by people who make Penny's. The USA cant sustain the crap thats going on and survive. Union management is already pitting one group against the other.

7. 1ozreloader

1ozreloader TS Member

The best part is the Longshoreman's union is attacking the Operating Engineers. This isn't like the company is bringing in 6.00 an hour workers to do the work. This is union agains union. Eugene Debbs is rolling in his grave! As the number of private sector workers joining unions continues to dwindle, union leaders are going to resort to this type of thuggeery in order to force people to join a particular union. Looks like the union brotherhood is having family problems.

8. gailmk67

gailmk67 Member

If I read the article correctly one union is crossing the picket line of another. When that happens they are pretty much "licked". The union members crossing the picket line severely weakened the others position. Great example of solidarity! The local operating engineers that crossed the picket line will be the next to scream foul when its their turn on the blocks. Its only a matter of time.
    Joe

9. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Looks like a hate crime to me.

10. 1ozreloader

1ozreloader TS Member

This is a wildcat strike. It does not have the approval of the national organization. The one thing this union leader is totally ignoring is public sentiment. In order to garner public support for a cause you must be the abused party. You can not be the one damaging equipment and hurling death threats. He has taken action against other union workers. Threats of violence and actual criminal damge to property is not the way to build a good reputation. For some reason a few of the leaders like this guy and Hoffa are trying to re kindle the past. They seem to relish in inflamatory talk and violent behavior. It is almost as if they are working toward a confrontation that would result in death and serious injuries in hopes it would further the cause. Let us all hope this is not going to be the way of the future.

11. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

When the unions were the strongest, violence was a big tactic.

There is a lot of anti union sentiment on this board. Most people miss the big picture. There is good and bad with anything. Unions are no exception. But when you are shooting ATA on a Sunday and not missing work, thank the union. The examples could go on and on and on.

I was raised on bread that the Carpenter's Union provided. My mom was able to stay home and raise us boys. My dad was and still is proud.

There would be no middle class if it weren't for unions.

12. Brian in Oregon

BigBadBob, quote: <i>"Blah blah blah kneejerk reaction blind union support blah blah blah."</i>

No one is bashing unions. It's the union that did the bashing, along with kidnapping and taking hostages, which is a felony. Plus destruction of private property, which would be either a misdemeanor or a felony depending on the monetary value involved. Plus, RICO may kick in, since this was a conspiratorial act by multiple people.

Or do you believe that these are legitimate union tactics?

13. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

No 2 ways about it. Crimes were committed and people should be arrested. Disputes between Labor vs labor or labor vs employer are to handled in court through the legal system, not through illegal violence.

Were contracts broken?

14. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

A wildcat strike is not legal and has no significance. In fact, the perpetrators could be punished by the international.

This is what happens when you get a bunch of lowbrows misinterpreting the idea of workers joining together for fair treatment.

HM

15. loop02

loop02 Member

It seems the unions have started the fight. If you want trouble, don't show up with a sign, bring a gun, I will. See if they have the stomach to die when it comes down to it.

16. wingmaster78

wingmaster78 Active Member

Keep drinking the Kool-aid boys. Here is my theory. Once upon a time this country made and grew everything we needed to survive. After we whipped Germany and dropped the bomb on Japan we were king of the hill.Then we rebuilt Germany and Japan IN OUR IMAGE. Sure we let them keep their culture, but in essence, they became carbon copies of us. In order to help in their recovery, we relaxed the tariffs on their autos which allowed them to actuaslly get a foothold into our country and economy. Now fast forward to today. The people of this country took the bait, hook,line and sinker. Our auto industry suffered. Then as more tariffs were relaxed, they took over the electronics industry. Now there is not even a cheap alarm clock made in this country. They are building new car plants all over the south. India and the middle-east has flooded this country with doctors. Most of the credit card and utility companies have call centers in India because of cheap labor. More and more companies have moved all their manufacturing overseas because of cheap labor. Most of you don't really understand what I mean by cheap labor. the $60-$70 we pay for a flat of shells is more than most of these workers make a WEEK. Mark my words, when the Chinese and Japanese and all the other countries that all our American businesses have moved to get together and say get 'em boys because they are drunk on their corporate greed and the rest of the country is so broke they can't pay attention, they will be here to finish us off. that is if the Indian doctors and the Chinese toys and the Japanese electronics don't do it first.
    As BigBob said, "be careful what you wish for..."

17. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Interesting, what is that saying "History Repeats Itself". The Unions were born from violence and they will die the same way.

Bob Lawless

18. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

"No one was hurt and no one was arrested",,,,very intersting as no one was arrested for: violating court order or holding people hostage (kidnapping or at least false imprisonment),,,,cutting brake lines and spilling grain from car (vandalism or destruction of property), threatening a law enforcement officer,,,,don't they have laws in Washington????

Maybe we can all just get together for a beer summit....

19. Brian in Oregon

Wingmaster78, do you support these unlawful union actions?

20. PETER PERFECT

PETER PERFECT TS Member

WINGMASTER78 WHAT YOU SAID IS RIGHT!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.