1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Union members and full sticker price

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bisi, Feb 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I learned something today that shocked me to the core. There are some union members out there that don’t pay full sticker price. Hard to believe but true. Flabbergasted.

I stopped by the sports bar down the street from the house to get a sandwich and a draft. Sat next to a guy I’ve known for a while who sells cars. Got to chatting about this and that and what has been on the news lately. I remarked that I hoped that the local teachers here weren’t being mistreated as in Wisconsin.

He said “don’t feel sorry, they aren’t hurtin too much” He went on to say he had just sold a new car to a local union teacher. He said it listed for 31K and he sold it for 26K.

WTF? I asked. You mean they didn’t pay full sticker? You mean they asked for concessions and give backs on your part? I asked what happens when they pay less than sticker. I found out it means less commission for the salesman, which takes food away from his children. Less profit for the dealership, which means it can’t pay the receptionist as much, mechanics make less, janitors make less. Just one big domino effect.

I also found out from a homebuilder at the bar that a local union factory worker built a house and used scabs carpenters, electricians, plumbers, masons to build his house. All to save a buck.

I always knew us private sector non union scum sucking scabs looked for deals but always believed the true blue union man paid full price. I always thought the union man had the motto: give no quarter, ask no quarter. And I always respected that, and now to find out that they ask for quarter.

What next?

2. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I can't speak for elsewhere but here in my hometown the teachers get a reduced rate on their US Cellular cell phone bill.

3. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Discounts of all types are negotiated for by companies for their employees and unions/associations for their members. Not unusual at all.

4. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

oh cry me a river about a car dealership......Bisi, what part of the country do you live in? Out in the middle of nowhere with a population of 10? Back to reality!!! Dealerships near me charge on average $125 to $135 per HOUR for service and a lot of the service advisors are the biggest bait and switch con artists there are. I have to fight tooth and nail for the idiots at my local dealership to look at and replace the rear leaf springs on my truck relating to recalls from the manufacturer...and I was still under 2 more years of warranty. Geez, I guess warranty is not a word taught to car dealerships....

more b.s. from Bisi....having compassion for a car dealership, geez I think I have heard it all ........

5. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Bisi, this is a joke right? No one I have ever met paid full sticker price on a car. I have heard of dealers who were selling hard to get items at over the sticker price. The miata car a few years ago comes to mind there. I just want you to know that only Republicans are required to pay full sticker when they go buy their foreign cars in my area. Yes some of those Mercedes are expensive but the rich republicans can afford them. It's all a trickle down you know. When a republican buys one of those nice cars the detail shops and car washes get a little boost and those minimum wage earners can go out and squander their paychecks on groceries. Most of the republicans buy foreign cars so they make sure the nasty old union autoworkers are put in their places.

Thanks for being a conscientious American and helping out the economy that Obama ruined in his two years in office. Don't forget to listen to your hero Rush and take your meds. One question. How long have you been on high blood pressure pills? I'll bet you never had to have them before you started listening to "Keep em scared, keep em stupid, and tell them what to think about-Rushie." You have a good day and like I said don't forget to take your meds. Tell your wife to pick up some more Depends as I suspect you are close to running short on them again. Dan

6. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

BISI---Sorry to say but they got you on this one unless there's something you forgot to say to add to your thread---I am not in any union and never pd sticker price on any car I ever bought---Best to delete this one---George@SJB---

7. Hunter46spring

Hunter46spring TS Member

Its worth noting that your friend who works at a delaership would pay a lesser price as well do a google search on Ford's X plan pricing. it is common to give friends family at dealerships special plans. Many buisnesses and associations broker these deals as well

8. shelly

shelly TS Member

Way to set the hook Bisi- you got some looney leftists squealing. Hawk46(twinkyshooter's new handle, I assume), sernv99 and Dahaub all in one thread- you're the master.

9. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Yet another unintelligent non-contributing pot shot post from shelly. If he ever posts anything worth reading it will be quite the miracle. This forum won't miss anything if you'd get lost somewhere else in cyberspace.

10. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Is hawk46 new on here---could it be trinketshooter?---SJB---

11. shelly

shelly TS Member

"This forum won't miss anything if you'd get lost somewhere else in cyberspace." Yep it's trinketshooter, back from Wisconsin with a new handle. George Bush George Bush George Bush George Bush George Bush

12. wannaz

wannaz Member

That was a good cast Bisi, apparently quite a few aren't getting the sarcasm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.