1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Union crushed - Great Day for America

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by crusha, Mar 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

Collective Bargaining is not a right...it's a PRIVILEGE.

Glad to see the Unions are finally "Getting Their's."

Great job in Wisconsin, standing up to the coward Democrats! (Now hurry up and repeal all gun laws before they come back!)

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

This morning CBS showed nothing but the protestors and Dem. Senators (that were out of state) badmouthing the Republicans for passing the bill through a "loophole".

The media never mentions the fact that the legislature in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Ohio is now a republican majority because THEY WERE PUT THERE BY THE VOTING MAJORITY, and now doing what they said they would do.

3. below 0

below 0 TS Member

Take notice America...We're taking the country back from the Unions...Odie

4. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Crushing unions is not the goal. Making them more realistic in their demands should be!

5. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Dog, I think you said that very well.

SW

6. wpairishshot

wpairishshot Member

The unions, despite whatever you say arent all bad. My grandfather was a coal miner in an area of western Pa where the company ruled everything. If you go through the town where he lived the people still call one old store "the company store". If thats what you advocate, living a life where the companies owned the people, then well I dont want to live in that world. My mother did and she said it wasnt very pleasant.
    Now I am of a different generation. I believe what my grandparents told me because many of the old housing units are still there where the coal companies existed. Personally speaking I recently had a problem at work, solicited union advice and it seemed to me I would have been better off on my own, as if I hadnt said anything to the shop steward and the other reps.
    If you were a municipal worker, firefighter or police officer, you could be subject to political pressure on a daily basis. Police to reduce or eliminate citations, firefighters to look the other way during inspections, or threats to your job when a different political party gets elected. Thats not the way to do business in this country.
    When I was very young I would visit my grandmother who lived within eyesight of the local DOT garage. She would always tell me how the guys who worked there would either lose their jobs or have to change political parties when a new governor got elected every so many years. If you work and do your job there is no reason for that to happen, but that is the next thing that WILL happen if people in office like Wisconsin get their way.
    Kevin McIlwain

7. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Still drinking the Kool-aid!

8. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

A Great Day for America! I think now we ought to go after the unions that represent police, firemen, steelworkers, electricians, machinist, nurses, Las Vegas workers, plumbers, iron workers, air traffic controllers, NBA, NFL, NHL etc! Let's make this country a Right to Work country! Heck, Unions never did anything for the American Worker anyway!

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Here we go again.

Private sector unions are a good thing, for the most part. I won't go into specifics.

Public sector unions are not so great. They staff both sides of the bargaining table, Union on one side and union elected politicians on the other.

NO one is there to represent the taxpayers who pay the bill.

In business dealings the Party paying is on one side of the table. Not so with
    The teachers, their dues goes to put Dems in office who then reward them with the unaffordable benefits we have to get rid of to survive financially.

At the bottom of this pile we have the union heads who are desparate to preserve their half million dollar salaries, and you can bet they will keep the protests going as long as they can.

Generalizing the whole mess as "Union" without being specific is mindless gunny sacking not worthy of thinking people. Government unions suck, private sector doesn't.

HM

10. Dave K

Dave K Member

How sad that the government now has decided to take away the rights of the people who built this country. I hope that this changes. It is the very reason out heirs, left our homelands to come to a better place. Now, we are ruled my people who take your hard earned income and pay off places like AIG, while your neighbor struggles. We give health care to illegal aliens and take it away from those that negotiated to get it because they are Americans working and paying taxes her legally. We watch the upper crust write themselves ever larger salaries, pensions and health care, but anyone else who works here will be denied it. I can't understand this.

11. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

UNIONS ARE DONE! YOU THINK THEY BUILT THIS COUNTRY! I KNOW THEY ARE DESTROYING IT!!! Bus drivers making $159,000 per year!!! Public service workers paid $25 dollars per day just to take a pager home!!!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! UNIONS BUILT THIS COUNTRY! WHAT AN F-N JOKE!

12. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

The government didn't take away their rights, the majority of voters who elected the legislature did.

Also, I don't think public sector union members ever "built" anything.

The founders of the labor movement viewed unions as a vehicle to get workers more of the profits they help create. Government workers, however, don’t generate profits. They merely negotiate for more tax money. When government unions strike, they strike against taxpayers. F.D.R. considered this “unthinkable and intolerable.”

"My dear Mr. Steward:

As I am unable to accept your kind invitation to be present on the occasion of the Twentieth Jubilee Convention of the National Federation of Federal Employees, I am taking this method of sending greetings and a message.

Reading your letter of July 14, 1937, I was especially interested in the timeliness of your remark that the manner in which the activities of your organization have been carried on during the past two decades "has been in complete consonance with the best traditions of public employee relationships." Organizations of Government employees have a logical place in Government affairs.

The desire of Government employees for fair and adequate pay, reasonable hours of work, safe and suitable working conditions, development of opportunities for advancement, facilities for fair and impartial consideration and review of grievances, and other objectives of a proper employee relations policy, is basically no different from that of employees in private industry. Organization on their part to present their views on such matters is both natural and logical, but meticulous attention should be paid to the special relationships and obligations of public servants to the public itself and to the Government.

All Government employees should realize that the process of collective bargaining, as usually understood, cannot be transplanted into the public service. It has its distinct and insurmountable limitations when applied to public personnel management. The very nature and purposes of Government make it impossible for administrative officials to represent fully or to bind the employer in mutual discussions with Government employee organizations. The employer is the whole people, who speak by means of laws enacted by their representatives in Congress. Accordingly, administrative officials and employees alike are governed and guided, and in many instances restricted, by laws which establish policies, procedures, or rules in personnel matters.

Particularly, I want to emphasize my conviction that militant tactics have no place in the functions of any organization of Government employees. Upon employees in the Federal service rests the obligation to serve the whole people, whose interests and welfare require orderliness and continuity in the conduct of Government activities. This obligation is paramount. Since their own services have to do with the functioning of the Government, a strike of public employees manifests nothing less than an intent on their part to prevent or obstruct the operations of Government until their demands are satisfied. Such action, looking toward the paralysis of Government by those who have sworn to support it, is unthinkable and intolerable. It is, therefore, with a feeling of gratification that I have noted in the constitution of the National Federation of Federal Employees the provision that "under no circumstances shall this Federation engage in or support strikes against the United States Government." successful.

I congratulate the National Federation of Federal Employees the twentieth anniversary of its founding and trust that the convention will, in every way, be successful.

Very Sincerely Yours,

(FDR)"

This - from a leftist president. I can only imagine how the present day leftist president would rationalize and explain away this idea of FDR's

13. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Public sector unions did build something....A HOUSE OF CARDS WITH TAXPAYER DOLLARS AND NOW THE BUDGETS ARE CRUMBLING BECAUSE OF THEM!!!

14. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

It's a START...!!!!
    Looks like the voters in Wisconsin got a Governor who actually followed through with his promises.
    Public sector employees have no business in the collective bargaining process.

15. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Now that collective bargaining rights will likely be fading away across the board, I think the next step will be to take away the politicians ability to vote themselves a pay raise at a whim. Lets make sure we take away their rights to argue for pay raises too. How many of you are with me on that? I think we need a right to work as a politician law. Of course politicians never needed collective bargaining rights since they make the rules.

Then, lets go after management salaries, they don't need the amount they make either. I have yet to meet a person worth more than a $500K a year on a salary or in wages. Nobody works 24/7. Perhaps ALL of the people in this country have gotten too use to having more than they need, not just union workers?

John

P.S. good post HM, birddogs and wparish

16. dhip

dhip Active Member

Luckyman ought to research first.Blasting all unions isn't right.The post above about coal miners is an excellant example.,Steel workers at ONE time went through the same company store deal.I,a retired Auto worker have seen the history of abuse to workers when Unions were first formed.I also have witnessed corruption since then.Towards the end,near retirement it was the Lesser of the 2 evils,but not by much.Unions to stop abuse ,,YES,,after that ?????????

Doug H.

17. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Gads! I guess you all agree with my scary comments? I can tell you this... America's richest 2% including the Fortune 100's who pay little if any tax on their profits (BoA ZERO $'s in 2009), the Wall Street Execs who get 16 million dollar yearly bonuses.......... they are ALL laughing at everyone of us. Middle Class Americans going after..... Middle Class Americans. The Sleeping Giant (Middle Class America) needs to be awakened!

blade819

18. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

These three kids are sitting around talking, and the first kid says, "My dad is so fast, he can shoot an arrow down range and run down there to see where it lands".

The second little kid says, "That's nothing, my dad is so fast that when he goes to sleep at night and turns off the lights, he can be in bed before the room gets dark".

The third little kid says, "I got all you guys beat. My dad is in the Teamsters. He's so fast that when he gets off of work at 4:30, he's home by 2:15".

Brought to you by the non union workers of America. Unlike union members, I work for a living.

19. dhip

dhip Active Member

Correct blade,Unions fight or fought for middle class and still say they do,but unfortunately,their top execs,are now looking after their own interests(monetarily,etc.) more than the benefits of their members.But I would almost bet that those that bash Unions here ,monetarily are NOT in the Middle class scale anymore.

Doug H.

20. otnot

otnot Active Member

Unions represent 7% of the working population down from 23% in 1950. Now how does 7% of anything ruin a nation?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.