1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Union advertising blitz in Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by halfmile, Mar 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The money that has been poured into negative advertising about Wisconsin's Budget Repair Bill is simply astounding. I hardly believe this is Wisconsin money. We are being bombed at all hours, several times every half hour with ads claiming there is an "assault on families", "attack on the middle class", and probably killing kittens, too. ( I didn't see that one).

M & I bank was surrounded by pickets this afternoon claiming millions in bailout money was spent by the bank on political contributions.

The bank issued a statement that they had supported no political candidates, although they allowed employees to contibute to whomever they wanted.

There are people carrying signs at a grade school I pass by taking my grandaughter to school, and the local Chamber of Commerce was surrounded by sign carriers today.

And the final indignity: Fox showed a video clip of 3rd and 4th grade kids in the Capitol being led in anti Walker chants by their teacher.

Is this the new way of America? Or does the gene pool just need a little chlorine?

HM

2. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

HM, aren't these kids supposed to be in school or is it Spring break? Are there no pickets supporting the governor?

What a bunch of s*#t.

3. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

I would bet the largest portion of money and leadership comes from the AFL CIO. In other words Richard Trumka. Trumka has a history of organizing strikes and protest and he will use what ever he deems necessary to win. Including murder. He has already been involved with that. All at the expense of others union dues.

If the unions wanted to go back to pre Walker days they should just wait for the next election and vote out Walker and put there bought and paid for Democrats back in. If they can.

4. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

Both sides are already planning this bill pasted will end up at the Wisconsin Supreme Court. The Dems are behind these adds. With the union gone the Dems big money is gone.

Ken Cerney Wisconsin

5. halfmile

Ken, If you are like me this avalanche of television and radio advertising is making me wonder, where did all that money come from?

This is worse than the Presidential campaign for a constant barrage of propaganda. I can't believe anyone will go over to their way of thinking because of it.

HM

6. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

HM, you'd better believe it works. They know it works, that's why they're spending money on it.

Governments have people in charge of propaganda.

Politicians have people in charge of it ("spin").

Companies have people in charge of it (Public Relations).

They're going to bring some of the "undecided" over to their side, let's hope not too many.

IMO the Wisconsin GOP should duo into the war chest and counter some of this crap; particularly with these recalls looming on the horizon.

Then again, my opinion is resting way down in Texas...

I see Stephen King has jumped in and referred to Walker as one of the three stooges. Another Hollywood lib proves his stupidity. He should keep himself in fantasy land where his true value lies.

Dave

7. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Union advertising blits in Wisconsin

Ken,

I believe that your last statement is the main reason for this bill being passed. Along with the requirement to show I.D. at the voting locations. It is all to eliminate votes. The fact of the matter is all elections are bought. Does not matter which side you vote for. The Reps will pay back there large corporate contributors with no-bid inflated contracts, tax breaks , and cuts. Gov. Walker just approved the money for the I-94 project. Lets just see how many of these companies will get the contracts, that contributed to his campaign. YOUR tax dollars are going toward his contributors. YOUR tax dollars are just going into someone else's pocket. Granted, it is not the enemies pocket, but it still is NOT staying in your pocket. If you really think about it, YOUR tax dollars are still going to go into the unions coffer. The corporations will make money, sure, but the workers are going to be union most likely. So, I think your tax dollars are still going toward unions. I actually like Scott Walker. I am just not sure of what his intentions are. I think all government should take a pay cut. Everyone! Local to Federal. Janitors to the President. YOUR tax dollars pay every single person in government, and the contracts that are awarded. All levels and branches of government are corrupt. Why, because of money, and greed. ALL government needs to be fixed. All election contributions need to be individual, with a very low limit. No corporate, special interest group, or union monies should be allowed. Just my opinion. Jon from Wisconsin.

8. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

It worked for ZERO. Kasich is next on the chopping block, and I'm bettin he won't buckle and take a deal. This is gonna get interesting.

I even see the farmers in WI spouting off....they probably realize that they are next and their golden goose is about to dry up.

9. shadow

shadow Active Member

Unions have outlived their usefullness----ALL of them !

10. slipping into darkness

slipping into darkness TS Member

The bombardment by the union is to get the sheep back in line, most people do not get all the information needed to make a sound decision on the topic. The stations giving all this air time to the union should have to give the same amount of time to the opposition. that would detour the land slide vote that will be coming in there next election. you got the prez, who can't run the country telling state how to run there business. His debt is bigger than all the state debts put together. it's to bad that all the state can't drop out of the Union, they could do better on there own, and let the thieves in D.C. go down the drain.

11. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

It's worse than before a presidential election.... I can't even stand to turn the TV on.

SW

12. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

There once was a place for the unions but that time has gone judging form what they showed in Wi. In the past I have been supportive of unions in certain cases but never to the point where taxpayers are to pay for someone else benifit and insurance. The only ones that has ever really come out ahead of most unions are the corrupt mob bosses and don't tell me different.

When you expect someone else to pay for your incompantance the your lower that fly on botton of a t&%d.
    I think its time to do away with them and start over with working people running the unions not the thugs. Bill

13. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

There once was a place for the unions but that time has gone judging form what they showed in Wi. In the past I have been supportive of unions in certain cases but never to the point where taxpayers are to pay for someone else benifit and insurance. The only ones that has ever really come out ahead of most unions are the corrupt mob bosses and don't tell me different.

When you expect someone else to pay for your incompantance the your lower that fly on botton of a t&%d.
    I think its time to do away with them and start over with working people running the unions not the thugs. Bill

14. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Dems just can't stand it when they lose. SO, lets all get the unions, the entitlement leeches, the sheeple, the drones and the uninformed together and start a recall of the people that won the election fair and square.

After all, they're only trying to save the entire state from financial
    collapse. (and it's coming sooner than you think)

For all of you that don't understand accounting 101, the rest of us WILL NOT bail out your state when you become insolvent. Call you union steward.

LIARS, THEIVES, CRY BABIES and BEDWETTING IDIOTS. (Democratic leadership)

Wisconsin you should be so proud that you're represented by these folks of such high moral character.

15. mooshkat

mooshkat Member

First and foremost you cannot believe anything on fox news, liars, they show and tell you what they want you to see.

16. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

It has gotten so easy lately(2 decades) on knowing how to find what side of an issue(vote)to be on.

Look who throw's there support behind it(bills). If you see a union, hollyweird actor/actress, lawyers, realitors There is a high probability its not good for you or America!!

I am usually done voting a half hour after the voters pamphlet shows up in the mail!

TV spots have never changed my mind nor have mailers.

17. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Jon from Wisconsin,

Well stated!!!! Your predictions will likely come to pass, and it seems that everyone in the public sector or government could use a pay cut.

John from Indiana.

18. kolar12

kolar12 Member

I heard that some of the protesters were bussed in from the land of fruits and nuts. Watching them was as stimulating as Nancy giving cpr. If I needed it, I think I would rather die. If she needed it, she would.

Walker was elected on the premis that he would get the state out of debt, without raising taxes. Is that not what he is doing?

19. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Mooshkat, FOX News tells it like it is. They are hard on Democrats and the inept Obamanation. Not hard enough to suit me, but certainly better and more to the point than CNBC, HLN and all the rest.

You may be happier listening to NPR.

Dave

20. halfmile

Mooshkat, do you secretly yearn for Rachel Maddow? Or is it Chris Matthews giving you a warm tingle up your leg?

Is that a hint of Eau de Puke I detect?

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.