1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Uninformed Gun Buyer

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by al391claybuster, Jun 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. al391claybuster

al391claybuster TS Member

I recently bought Krieghoff Model 32. I was so excited about being able to own a K-Gun. It was a great transaction, price was right, photos looked good, even some extra such as service, trigger, and wood.
    Now I find out that I should heve done my research, not bought for name. Turns out it's a low 5XX ser.#, and a mixture of Krieghoff and Remington. I knew K bought the rights from Rem. I didn't know the first K's were made from Rem. extra parts. Mine has K-80 wood, Remington trigger, and soldered hanger.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, just in search of info. I wasn't mislead, I just didn't know to ask. The gun don't shoot the POI that I want, so I need to look for solutions. And no I haven't contacted the previous owner or plan to bad mouth him here.
    Ok lets see, can the trigger be replaced with a Krieghoff model(K-32 or K-80)? Can the hanger be replaced with a drift type? How does the number in the hanger work, higher #, higher POI of lower barrel? Will Remington Model 3200 parts interchange(such as springs, firing pins, stocks) etc? The gun appears to be set up as a doubles gun. The lower barrel shoots much higher than the top one.
    Any info from the guys that know would be great. I plan to write the previous owner soon as I'm done here. Thanks in advance, David.

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

k-80 hangers the higher the number the lower the POI. I believe some K-80 parts can be used in your gun. HMB

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

"Ok lets see, can the trigger be replaced with a Krieghoff model(K-32 or K-80)?" The only company i've ever heard of doing this on a remington 32 or k32 w/ remington parts was allems, and last I checked, the upgrade to k80 parts was $1800

"Can the hanger be replaced with a drift type?" I doubt it, but there is a possibility. The people to contact for this would be Simmons Gun Works in KS. I know they've put K80 barrel hangers on guns that were never designed to have hangers period, such as perazzi barrels.

"How does the number in the hanger work, higher #, higher POI of lower barrel?" Lower the #, the higher the POI. If they are anything like the kolar hangers, a change in one # should yield about a 10% pattern shift IIRC.

"Will Remington Model 3200 parts interchange(such as springs, firing pins, stocks) etc?" Absolutely not. The remington 32/k32/k80 have as much in common w/ the 3200 as a Browning Citori and Beretta 682 have in common.

My guess is by the time you do everything necessary to upgrade this gun to even k32 specs, you'd have as much money into is as if you just sold the gun you have (if even at a loss, unless you bought it dirt cheap) and bought a later model k32 that has all the features you want.

4. rustygun

rustygun Member

Having owned a K32 in the 70's (with the Vandaila rib) I am curious why, if everything works well, would you care to upgrade to K80 internals. I understand the barrel hanger if you want to change the poi without looking at a space in the rib between the beads. Are k80 parts that much better ? My model 32 was always the one that got away.

Steve

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Does your gun have a fixed front barrel hanger (without drift pin) I think those were silver soldered on but not welded- so it could probably be changed

I would have Krieghoff do all the work in Ottsville frankly

Trigger ? do you like how it feels now? is it a K32 or a Miller trigger?

Have you tried another Krieghoff barrel on the gun to see if it will fit- sometimes fitting newer barrels to those older K32s is problematic

just because you have a 5XX serial number- doesnt mean you have any remington design parts in the gun now.

if you posted a picture of the internals there are several people on here that can tell

lower serial number guns are worth less in the Krieghoff areana but other than that- it depends on the gun- there hasnt been anything in the update areana that cant now be applied to even the earliest K32s

Again- I would only have ottsville do it- in this particular case

Gene

6. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Early, Jeff

7. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

8. al391claybuster

al391claybuster TS Member

I want to thank everyone for their replies. I was looking you info on my gun. I'm not looking to replace the parts, just would like to know what is possible if I ever have to. I've been in touch with the previous owner, and all my questions have been covered. I'm in the process of moving in to provide care for my elderly parents. When I have a chance to work more with the gun, I'll use all the info provided here to fine tune it to my POI. Thanks David

9. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

What did you pay for it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.