1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Uni-Dot sight

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ramen39, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramen39

ramen39 Member

Frank Hoppe talks about A nui dot sight in the January issue of Trap and Field.
    Have any of you used this sight to help cross firing? I have to shoot with one eye closed because of this. I am wondering if it has helped any of you. Also. Where can I get one and the price etc. I would really like to go back to shooting with both eyes open.
    Thanks
    Roy

2. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

tried all of them. Easy Hit was the best, but none of them cured my cross firing.

3. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

If you need a gadget to block the image of the bead from one eye, you're looking at the wrong things.

You'd be better off painting the bead black and learning to ignore it.

MK

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I have been using the Uni-Dot front bead for 7 or 8 years and I am convinced that it has bought me more time as a two eyed shooter. As I get older the occasional Cross-firing problem is getting worse and I now use the tape patch on my left lens for hunting and Skeet shooting. I have shot with both eyes Open for 55 years and to switch to the Patch and effectively become a one-eyed shooter is not easy for me and I hope to postpone it for as long as I can. I never look At the front bead but it is there in my peripheral vision as a reference. I look right through the front bead into the zone in front of the traphouse where the target will appear.

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Uni-Dots definitely worked for me. I badly crossfire with both eyes open, and had to shoot with my left eye closed. This robed me of 3D vision. Many say putting tape on your safety glasses work, but I found it extremely annoying, and it also prevented 3D vision. Installed a Uni-Dot, and my scores went down for awhile, about two months (note that I shoot less than most folks here). But then I ran my first 25 and 50 straight. The trick to using a Uni-Dot is to not look at the dot. Look at the clay, and with your peripheral vision, bring the dot to the clay. If you look directly at the dot, you will miss. I have Uni-Dots on all my shotguns with ribs, excepting one "cowboy" side by side that the sanctioning body doesn't allow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how does a uni dot shotgun sight work

uni-dot shotgun sight