1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Unhappy with Silver Dollar Odessa, FL

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jchild1015, Mar 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jchild1015

jchild1015 TS Member

Just returned home after attending the Southern Grand at Silver Dollar. Not surprised attendance was down from last year because the people and policies at Silver Dollar are not friendly at all. I drove down from NC to participate. Shot in all but one event. Purchased things at the clubhouse including 10 bags of their reclaimed shot. Also purchased 10 tokens for practice. On the last day I had 2 tokens left and Silver Dollar would not refund my money for the unused tokens. They said save them for later or sell them at the practice range. I suppose that's OK for FL shooters but it's not fair for out of state shooters like me and they do not tell you the tokens are not redeemable when you buy them. It's stupid things like this that piss people off and do not make you feel welcome. If that's their attitude toward shooters who travel hundreds or thousands of miles to shoot at Silver Dollar then they can kiss my you know what and trust me I will not be coming back.

2. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

3. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

I don't believe attendance was down. If you would have stood at the counter for 2 seconds you could have sold them.

Don

4. alf174

alf174 Member

Shot some low scores, eh? Bank selection excuse was used, might as well blame the practice tokens.

5. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

LOL! Thanks for sharing jchild! This made my morning! Tom Rhoads P.S. Looks like you are going to get a lot of sympathy from us! By the way, send em to me! I will sell them to some buddies! Tom Rhoads

6. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

That is common practice at most clubs so just live with it. Come to think of it, anyplace that sells tickets for rides or food has the same policy, is this the first time you have noticed this?

7. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

8. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

No such thing as once the cash register rings. It would have taken less than 2 minutes to refund his money. Customer service is what keeps em coming back! And these days you can't afford to loose any. Bill :)

9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Seems like a "customer is never right" to me. Ill will from one customer over one dumb action spreads like a virus. Why couldn't they just give the man his $12. back and make a happy customer. If someone that worked for me had refused something like this or made a big issue out of it, I would have fired them. "THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT." especially over petty issues.

10. Lead Miner

Lead Miner Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Come to the club that I help to run and I will gladly refund your money for unused tokens and say glad you came to shoot and see u next time. Just a simple way to please a customer. But then I am from the midwest. That is how we roll out here. Terry von Seggern. Valley Trap Range. Valley Nebraska.

11. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Down 2,500 entries in less than 10 years. Maybe there's some issues here!!

12. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

To all you people here. When you go to a shoot most of the time you see guns for sale on the gun rack. Would all of you say thats correct?

13. 548

548 Guest

Would I have made this post if I had this experience? No

Do I think he should have got a refund with a "thank you, sir"? YES

14. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Bill Grill has nailed the correct answer. For a few bucks they now have a P.O.ed shooter and a lot of negative advertisement. And being a mid-westerner I'm also in leadminers corner. Having been self employed most of my life I understand that while the customer "isn't always" right they are always the customer and if they aren't happy that gets around a LOT faster than if they are happy. Ross Puls

15. thunder

thunder Active Member

When I had my own shop I bent over backwards to make sure the customer was always happy. One happy customer will get you new customers. One upset customers will loose you 10 new customers.

16. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I have to put in with Bill Grill and 548 on this one... Aren't there enough things that are contibuting to the decline of our sport that this sort of thing has to happen to a shooter that is trying to support it? I'm guessing it's not the money that's the issue, it's the principle. You buy something at a store and it isn't what you needed, you take it back for a refund. What make this any different? Poor customer service on behalf of the Silver Dollar, for sure.... Just my opinion.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

17. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Mike probably has minimum wage low information people working the desk. So what else is new? That's what retail is all about. He should have hunted up Mike for a second opinion.

18. SF SGM

SF SGM Member

Don't think Mike has anything to do with this. He operates the gun sales at the Dollar. Bill Miller is the manager of the club.

Van

19. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

On the other side of the counter, one shooter walked up with two boxes of Winchester AA shells that he wanted to trade in. Manager was kind enough to make the trade and then discovered that only the top row of the shells were new and the rest were reloads. Talk about nerve. What next? Only time will tell. Shell trader was an out of state shooter not known by name.
    Mike Battista

20. Lead Miner

Lead Miner Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I cannot say on this site what us midwesterners would have done to the guy who traded out the reloads. He would not be able to shoot ever again. Terry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

silver dollar trap odessa fl shoot lead