1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Unfair Fight

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bigbore613, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

71 Year Old Marine in Unfair Fight
    HOOOO_WAAAA!!!! Give this fellow a round of applause!

Last week police were called to investigate an attempted armed robbery: The 71-year-old retired Marine who opened fire on two robbers at a Plantation, FL, Sub shop late Wednesday, killing one and critically wounding the other, is described as John Lovell, a former helicopter pilot for two presidents. He doesn't drink, he doesn't smoke, he works out everyday. Mr. Lovell was a man of action Wednesday night.

According to Plantation police, two masked gunmen came into the Subway at 1949 N. Pine Rd., just after 11 p. m. There was a lone diner, Mr. Lovell, who was finishing his meal. After robbing the cashier, the two men attempted to shove Mr. Lovell into a bathroom and rob him as well. They got his money, but then Mr. Lovell pulled his handgun, opened fire. He shot one of the thieves in the head and chest and the other in the head.

When police arrived, they found one of the men in the shop. K-9 units found the other in the bushes of a nearby business. They also found cash strewn around the front of the sandwich shop according to Detective Robert Rettig of the Plantation Police Department. Both men were taken to Broward General Medical Center, where one, Donicio Arrindell, 22, of North Lauderdale died. The other, 21-year-old Frederick Gadson of Fort Lauderdale is in critical but stable condition. A longtime friend of Lovell, was not surprised to hear what happened. The friend said, ''He'd give you the shirt off his back, but he'd be mad as hell if someone tried to take the shirt off your back''.

Mr. Lovell was a pilot in the Marine Corps, flying former Presidents John F. Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson. He later worked as a pilot for Pan Am and Delta. He is not expected to be charged, authorities said. ''He was in fear for his life; '' Detective Rettig said, 'These criminals ought to realize that most men in their 70's have military backgrounds and aren't intimidated by idiots'. Something tells me this old Marine wasn't 'in fear for his life', even though his life was definitely at risk. The only thing he could be charged with is participating in an unfair fight. One 71 - year young Marine against two punks. Two head shots and one center - body- mass shot - outstanding shooting! That'll teach them not to get between a Marine and his meal.

Don't you just love a story with a happy ending? ( Florida law allows law abiding citizens to carry a concealed weapon.) SMART STATE!!! Semper fi

2. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

"The other, 21-year-old Frederick Gadson of Fort Lauderdale is in critical but stable condition."

It is unfortunate that Mr. Gadson survived.

3. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that either lived

4. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

I'm saddened and suprised about the survivor. I wonder what he shot them with.

Most headshots from large cal pistols are fatal.

Joe

5. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

I wonder what the robbers were armed with?

Of course for such close work I would prefer a knife. A slice across the jugular or a stab above the belt buckle dissecting the Aorta will instantly incapacitate and death is with in 30 seconds.

Job well done Marine!

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Appears like the robbers had some genetic adversities.

7. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

HMMMMM..... Don't go robbing people and keep your hands to yourself and you won't wind up shot by a 71 year old man with a concealed weapon. Sounds to me like the ex marine was content to let them walk away with others peoples money. I suspect if they had not put their hands on him that one would still be alive today. Do bad things and bad things will happen to you. karma,law of the jungle, law of the pack, actions VS consequences... We all have choices to make each day and some choose to make bad ones. The outcome of bad decision making can be fatal. Jeff

8. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

It's a damn shame one of the perps lived. I wonder what caliber handgun the Marine was using? Most of the old Marines preferred the 45, doubt if the perp would have survived a wound to the head from a 45 though.

9. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

A good solution to the prison over crowding.

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    From June 2007?!?!

11. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Semper Fi Mr Lovell

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.