1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Understanding the CHC report in the EC minute

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by miketmx, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I received two reviews in target year 2007 and I didn't refuse either one of them but I couldn't use either reduction because of earning a punch before I received the review. I don't know where this goes in the statistics report and it does not matter to me. Incidentally both 1000 target reviews were actually based on at least 1800 Handicap targets and not 1000 and again it doesn't matter to me. This Target Year 2008, if I am offered a Reduction I will not be able to use it because I am now a paid up member of the PITA and my PITA yardage is 27. Neil said I should "Take" a reduction if offered but continue to shoot at my longer PITA yardage. I don't know how you can "take" a Reduction but keep on shooting at your old yardage without actually "Refusing" the Reduction. I can't see how the ATA Office could ever discipline someone for shooting at a yardage longer than their "Official Yardage" if there is No Comment Area on the Shoot Report that says for example 'Penalty Yardage' or 'PITA Yardage' applied ??

2. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

i believe that there is sometimes an advantage shooting at 22 yards instead of 19,20 or 21 yardage groups. Most shoots i go to are 19 to 21, 22 /23 yards 24/25 etc.. the lower yardage have three times the compitition and more sandbaggers.

3. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

smsnyder, this is the second time that I have seen you post this theory and it is just as silly this time as it was the first time. I don't intend to be mean or anything like that, but that is just not correct. If you can not be competitive at the 20, there is no way on earth that you can be so at the 22. Math does not lie. Re read your notes from Franks clinic and maybe take one from Harlan or Leo, and DO what they suggest. Give it a fair chance to work. Not a week, not two weeks. I mean a real try.

Again, I wish you all the best in your shooting. But to improve, you must learn and then implement.

Good luck, John

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I looked at the minutes and noted that the same statistics go back at least 5 years so there should be a simple factual cut and dried answer to your question about the meaning of the statistics. I also find it hard to believe that a large percentage of people refuse Reductions. When you get a 1000 target review, you don't get a letter and a new ATA card if your Purified Handicap Average is above your zone's trigger point. You only get the letter and new card when the ATA's real computer thinks your purified average is below the trigger point. With the notification and new card you are given 3 choices. 1) Return the new card and check the Box on the Notification that Yardage was earned and the Reduction does not apply. 2) Return the new card and check the Box on the Notification that you "Refuse" the Reduction. 3) "Take the Reduction" Do Not return the new card or Notification - Do Nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.