1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

UNDER ARMOR HEAT CONTROL SHIRTS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by smsnyder, Aug 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

has any one tried the new under armor heat control shirts. do that work?

2. BP348

BP348 Active Member

I have a few guys here at work that really like them and don't wear anything else. Me, I wasn't all that impressed. I'm like Bob I don't think they're worth the extra money. But some guys really like them.

Buy one and try it.

3. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

I wore several at last years Grand. Really liked them, work especially well in humid conditions. Not so great in the drier Western climates. Can't explain this. - Jim

4. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

How are they supposed to function? Mesh arm pits or something?

5. C H S

C H S TS Member

I much prefer the "Tech Wick" line of shirts to "Under Armor". Tech Wick is smooth on the inside so the butt pad doesn't grind into my shoulder like it does in a damp cotton T-shirt. They seem to deal with sweat better than anything else I've tried and they have an SPF of 30. Their one bad point is that the outer layer will snag and pull very easily if you're not at least a little careful about what you lean against.

Andy

6. Len in Phoenix

Len in Phoenix TS Member

Even shooting early in the morning the temps here in Phoenix are usually well over 100 degrees in the summer. I've found that the under armour shirts work quite well, provided that you get the loose spandex style and not the cotton ones. The shirts work by wicking the moisture away from your body and allowing it to evaporate and cool you off. I stay much drier and more comfortable in this type of shirt, even under a vest.

Len in PHoenix

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.