1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

UNCLE !!! UNCLE!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by grntitan, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Woke up this morning to another 4+ inches of snow. I know i haven't exactly been a good boy lately but that's enough. I'm actually start'n to consider warmer places to move to.--Matt
    grntitan_2009_2503185.jpg

grntitan_2009_2503186.jpg

2. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

I am so tired of blowing and shoveling. About 3 inches so far today. When it is light I just use my Stihl leaf/grass blower and so far today I have already done that twice to keep on top of it. This past week (ice-snow storm) was only the second time in 10 years I had to pay to get the driveway cleaned out.

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

If its any comfort to anyone, we have had unusually cold weather also ... Its been below freezing the last 3 nights but they say warming for the week end ... I had to get out my long pants for the second time this year, damn global warming ... You would think we would of been warned about this happening so we could of come up with a pre plan ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Yeah, I ran a few tons of Global Warming through my snowblower this week too.

Spring is right around the corner.

-Gary

5. grntitan

You got it rough Bill. Bet you almost had to put a jacket on too.

Matt

6. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Yeah! $50.00 a couple of times a week to get plowed out...that's a couple of flats a week thrown away. Couldn't believe it, yesterday when I was raking the roof I saw 2 robbins up in the trees chirpin. They must be lost or fell asleep for the last 2 months. I couldn't picture them hangin around all winter with all the snow. Sure will be nice for springtime! puablo

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Matt,

I forgot to mention the jacket thing, and yes I did have to wear a jacket besides the long pants ... Now, thats cold in Arizona ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. grntitan

I guess its pretty hard to find really warm weather anywhere in the US right now. Still long pants and a jacket are better than boots, gloves, insulated bibs and stocking hat. Was like 18* yesterday and 29* today.

John--You live up north so its supposed to be cold. If i move i'm going to the western desert or far south. Florida City sounds good about now.

Heck i can't move to the desert or me and WPT wouldn't have anything to argue about. LOL

Matt

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Matt,

We don't have anything to argue about now, your opinion is as valid as mine but the numbers don't lie ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. grntitan

Not going there today Bill but your right in we both have an opinion and valid points. On a lighter note, where would i want to move to if AZ was my choice? What areas have more Trap Shooting and maybe ATV riding for the 17 yr old. Wife is a RN. She works surgery. What area would have the hospitals? What about best spot climate and scenery wise?

Matt

11. neofight

neofight TS Member

Such a beautiful, pastoal scene the season provides you folks in the midwest. I can hear the sleigh bells ringing, smell the apple pie as it sits cooling on the window sill,the rosy-cheeked people frollicking about in the snow, making snow angels. We're lucky to get a light dusting once every 5 years or so. You are sooooo lucky.

12. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

My brother lives in AZ up in the 32000 ft section near the copper mines outside of Green Valley and Sahuarita west off Rt 10 ?? It was 10* there the other night and his water system froze and split a 2" steel elbow on the line to his house . He was without water for a day or so . Was there this spring for 3 weeks and couldn`t wait to get home to Jersey . Everyone I spoke to said when was I moving out there and I said "when Hell freezes over". He has been the for close to 30 years and loves it ???? No , he`s not a Shooter .

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Matt,

That would be subjective at best, I happen to like the Phx area, but the folks down by Tucson like it down there ... There are hospitals all over the place and they are all looking for people ... You could live in down town Phoxnix and be in the mountains in less than an hour ... The State of Arizona is a sceneic adventure in itself ... You can go across Apache Trail and see an abundance of wildlife you could only see in a zoo otherwise ... North Phoenix has Ben Avery which covers just about any type of shooting you could imagine ... Tucson has Tucson Trap and Skeet where they host the Spring Grand for those interested as well as the Autumn Grand ... Its approx 100-150 Mile from Phx depending on where you are in Phx and its freeway just about all the way ... If you like the 4 seasons (Mild) you can move to Prescott where they is a litle trap club and about an hour north of the Ben Avery Facility right down the hill ... Climate would be if you like warm to hot , Phoenix or Tucson, milder Temps in the high country such Prescott, Payson, Flagstaff, more or less north of the Valley but still within a couple of hours ... This is only scratghing the surface because like I said Arizona is a sceneic adveture in itself ... There are Medical Professional jobs in abundance for the most part ... I always suggest people visit Arizona all times of the year before making any moves and that way you can find what you like no matter what it is in the way of homes, climate etc ... My biggest regret is I didn't move here 20 years sooner ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

14. grntitan

WPT--Thanks for the tour. My wife and i have seriously considered moving to a warmer climate long before this winters storms. It just sparks our desire again when we get back to back to back sh!tty weather. I'm aware that everywhere you go has its ups and downs or goods and bads. AZ is just one of several States we are seriously looking at. My 17 yr old has one more year of High School and he graduates. I wouldn't move before then because honestly that would be wrong to do that to him. My current house will be paid for in less than 7 years. I have 60 acres in the country around here that we have considered building on but we are not sure if that's where we want to live the rest of our life. We both agree that life is short and if we are gonna transplant there is no better time than now. Thanks for the info and i think we will take your advice and visit several times of the year to feel it out. Without sounding like a mama's boy, i'm not sure i can leave my widow Mother here by herself. Lot's to consider.

Matt

15. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

I have visited AZ several times....mostly the suburbs of Phnx (Chandler). It's definetly nice, lots of sunshine and warm weather, but it does have some getting use to not having 4 seasons in that part of the state. I would miss the 4 seasons of the mid-Atlantic and northeast, especially the Fall foilage if I was living in the Phnx area.. If I were to move to AZ, I would love to settle in Sedona. That is some nice country there!!!

16. Borderland

Borderland Member

WPT...be sure to tell him that Phoenix can be 100 degrees by 8am...By the way El Paso was -2 and -0- at nite this last week. Global warming has erased all the records in the history of EL Paso winter temps.

Borderland

17. grntitan

"be sure to tell him that Phoenix can be 100 degrees by 8am"

But its a dry heat. LOL It can get quite warm where i'm living right now. Just read all the threads and posts about the 100* heat at the Grand.

Matt

18. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Matt, I know what you mean about leaving your Mother, but the way I look at it is that she took care of me for a long time and there comes a time when it should be recipocal. My Mom is 89 and has dimentia and alhzeimers(spelling) which is one of the reasons I live back where I was raised and I do like it here anyway. Jackie B.

19. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

100 by 8 AM, hell in the dead of summer it can be 100 all night long ... Thats why I advice anyone who is thinking about moving to Arizona to visit several times and see all of the seasons at their best and worst depending on how you look at it ... I love it as it is and wouldn't change anything about it that I can mention on here any way ... lol ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

20. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

Birdtracker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.