1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Unburnt Powder Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by richrob, Mar 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richrob

richrob TS Member

Wondering if this is normal of if there is somthing I should change about my reloads. After shooting today I noticed that there is some unburnt powder in the barrel of my gun. I am loading 7/8 loads with promo powder. No bloopers and the 7/8 was crushing the clays. Thanks in advance for the input - Rich

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry about it, Rich. All these light loads are going to leave a more than heavy ones because the pressure is so much lower. You are hitting the birds; just quit looking down inside the barrel after the shot and everything'll be just fine.

Neil

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

After you are done shooting with your 7/8oz load, just fire a 1 1/8oz shell that has been loaded with "Clays". This is guarantee'd to leave the barrel clean!

As Neil stated, "don't worry about it", unless it starts to clog your barrel. LOL!

ec90t

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Ditto Neil, from a 7/8 oz fan.....Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.