1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Unbelievable Service From MEC

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ed Y, Oct 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

I'm ready to start teaching my grandson to reload. Rather than start him on a hydraulic PW I pulled out an old MEC 650. The powder measure assembly was broken so I went to their website on Tuesday at 2:00 and ordered one. It arrived at my home in NJ on Thursday at 2:00. WOW.

Ed Yanchok

2. Redcobra

Redcobra Active Member

First time reloader here.
    Bought a new MEC recently.
    Had some setup problems (suspect that unit was roughly handled in shipping from vendor) and a pre-crimp that falls off.
    MEC helped with the setup issues VERY quickly by emails and immediately sent me a new pre-crimp.
    Outstanding Service!!!
    I will buy another one when I add another gauge.
    Alan

3. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

MECs are hard to beat. I have also had excellent customer service from Hornady/Pacific and RCBS. I can't say enough good about either.

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Just FYI, Gamaliel is usually quite a bit cheaper on MEC parts, and they have free shipping if you order over $30.

5. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Had a weld break on 9000G last year. I think I purchased it new the first year they came out.

Fixed for free.

6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The company does not want to compete with their dealers, so they charge retail.

A good thing for the dealers. Jeff at Gamaliel will treat you right.

7. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

MEC, good example of an Employee owned compant. Mike.

8. racer

racer TS Member

They make a bunch of other stuff too. Scissors lifts and stuff like that- Dan

9. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Bought my first Mec in 69 I believe. A 20 ga I still use. That was 43 years ago. I have nothing but praise for the company after 4 decades of usage.

10. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I started with a 700 VersaMEC and went to a Grabber. Then I just had to try the "better" loaders. I'm now back to a MEC - a 9000E and believe I bought my last shotshell loader.

Ed

11. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Always great service.

12. bobski

bobski Well-Known Member

i have 5 600jrs set up for each ga. never had a lick of trouble. funny, ive seen a lot of used mecs with ripped wad finger guides (old style) yet, ive never broken one myself. how does someone break one anyway?

13. Jawari2000

Jawari2000 Member

Bought one many years ago and after loading countless shells the brass spring in the primer tray broke. I bought a replacement for a few bucks - other than that it just keeps spitting loaded shells. I am for MEC all the way; I have on occasion called MEC and received good advice.

14. SuperMotard

SuperMotard Member

its easy to break them...... you get a wad cocked in sideways and continue your stroke knowing its going to straighten out like it did that one time and it doesn't....you then raise the ram and push the wad back up the wrong direction and wallla..... broken wad fingers, but only after you do this about three dozen times..... so to correct ignorance i go to my local guy "cody4gold" on trapshooters, and pick up a couple sets, where i recieve ridicule for my own incompetence,for a nominal cost and move on with life.... parts are cheap...

TB the boy

15. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

Bought a 600 Jr. in 1968 have loaded almost 300,000 through it, a couple of wad fingers and the cam wheel, smooth as glass.Just keeps going.

16. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

The fact is, the person who designed the MEC 600 Jr. is/was a genius. What a great little machine.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.