1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ultrasonic Cleaners

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mt, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mt

mt Member

Wondering if anyone uses an ultrasonic cleaner for their guns. Any precautions? thanks

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Have a nephew that is a cop. He says they have one at the station and he like the other officers use it occasionally and it works great. Mike

3. Tdog

Tdog TS Member

I'm not MENGWE's nephew but we have one at work for cleaning firearms. It contains some type of none petroleum based eco-friendly cleaner. You set the temp at about 140*F and let it vibrate for 20-40 minutes. Your GLOCK comes out very clean and absolutely devoid of any lubrication. The instructions are very specific that you lubricate as normal and wipe down your pistol with a very light film of oil. Seems to work OK. The stuff really drys out your skin if you get it on you.

Rem31TC

4. Loyac

Loyac Member

A friend who happens to be a watch maker/repair person uses one. For cleaning gun parts he uses diesel #2. Seems to work. John

5. ArmyMechanic

ArmyMechanic Member

didnt outers make one for guns at one point???

6. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

I have a stainless one for $75.00 plus shipping if there is an interest. App 6x10x5 but I would have to measure it. Ray

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.