1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ultrasonic Cleaners?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rich219, Aug 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Anyone use an ultrasonic cleaner for firearm use? I'm thinking of picking one up but I'm kind of wondering how much use I will get out of the machine.

2. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Edit...Cleaner has been spoken for by Larry. Thanks. The unit was shipped out today 08-29-2012 Ray. The unit is 10.25 X 6.25X 7 inches tall. Inside is 5.25 X 9.25 X 4 inches deep.

I bought this years back from my neighbor who used it for a one time job. He said he paid $150.00 for it and sold it to me for $75.00.I cleaned the wifes rings years back and since then it just sits in my safe. The cord shows some minor cracks as it has been coiled up for years.I would sell for the same if you might can use it. Ray

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. dward

dward Member

I bought one to clean injectors and filters on some Yamaha outboards that were plugging up due to ethanol related issues. The cleaner worked great to clean the parts I put into it. My wife has also used it to clean jewelry and my son used it to clean some fishing reels/parts he was rebuilding.

I think it's handy to have......but I've never used it on any of my gun parts. I tried it on my molded ear plugs and it didn't clean them up....but I tried cleaning them by hand and it didn't work that way either. I must have some pretty tough ear wax!!

My 2 cents - Big Dan

4. lel4866

lel4866 Member

1. What are the interior dimensions of the basket
    2. I couldn't quite make out the amperage

5. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

Harbor Freight sells an outstanding UT cleaner. Check their website and I got mine on sale 30% off...

6. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

Rich,
    I got the Lyman unit awhile back and use it a lot. I took my black powder revolver apart, it was really gunked up. Beside the Lyman cleaner for metal I added a little over a teaspoon of Dawn dishsoap. Came out looking like new. On brass shells does a great job. Have also done the little women's jewelery which made her supper happy and justified the cost of the cleaner. Got mine from Graf's. Yes I'm glad I did.

Mike C.

7. Harley Lekvold

Harley Lekvold TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have a cheap Harbor Freight one and now have a Lyman Turbo Sonic 2500.I bought the cleaning solutions with the Lyman and have used it to clean brass. It works very well, especially in the primer pockets. I mainly use them with Outers Lead Out solution to clean the nozzles for my shot maker. They really loosen up the lead in the very small holes, making them easy to clean. I got the Lyman from Midway USA.

8. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

I wouldn't buy one. Get a big can of brake cleaner at the auto store to hose out your guns.

9. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

I use it to clean handguns and shotgun chokes and trigger assemblies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.