1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ultra XT firing pin replacement?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Frank C, Aug 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

In the last few weeks my son's Ultra XT has been having light hits from the firing pin, I have seen 3, but the center section of the primer is "deep", so is the firing pin pushing in the center by just hitting light, or are the primers bad. Two of the three are my reloads, Win 209 primers, the other was a new Rio. In the meantime I have shot 1000's of my reloads w/o incident, seems too much of a coincidence that he has had 3 in a couple weeks....

I took the pin out.....see the photo.....is this chip on the tip enough to cause the problem and should I replace? Is there a spec for minimum length?

Bottom line is I will replace it, but was this the prob? It was kinda of dirty/gunky too. FC
    [​IMG]

2. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

The firing pin in the photo is spalled, replace it along with a new mainspring.

3. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

P.S. Don't throw the old parts away because some gunsmiths will give you a $1 for them so they can rebuild someone else's Browning.

4. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Parts will be ordered shortly....for the pin and two springs (hammer and return) $11.75 + shipping.....very reasonable! Thanks Tooly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning ultra firing pins

content