1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ULTIMATE SHOT STRING VIDEO

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by td_ict_ks, Jun 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. td_ict_ks

td_ict_ks TS Member

It has been a while since I have shot. But, I think I could break the hard rights from 5 with this. This legal at The Grand?? haha....My kinda reload....

2. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

That would make a great duck load.

3. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

wouldnt miss too many that way,mark

4. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Always wondered why the Abrams cannon was a smoothbore. Now I know.

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I wonder if this is representative of all "shotshell" shot string performance?

6. crusha

crusha TS Member

Forget the cannon...just give me a camera like that one, and I'll set it up behind the practice traps at Sparta and become the proprietor of the best $20 trapshooting clinic the world has ever seen.

A guy has one of these $60k gazillion-frames-per-second cameras he sets up at archery tournaments like the Vegas festival, and charges a similar fee per 4 shots to see the internal ballistics of your arrow launching through your bow. It sure opened my eyes...what a tuning tool.

7. td_ict_ks

td_ict_ks TS Member

Using that technology on some trap loads could make for some interesting load degigns. There are a lot of dynamics going on there and I thought it was interesting how the outer layers of "shot" seperated first. It is something I always suspected due to deformation and aerodynamics, but this pretty much shows it. Even though, it is only one video of tungston shot rather than lead. A shot dispenser could be designed to drop different shot sizes in center and outer area of shotcup to modify shotstring. Something for Neil to ponder??????

8. welderman

welderman TS Member

Yes, that is the best shot string video I have seen. I suspect those images can be translated to trap loads. I tried to get that camera for some of my investigations, but was told that it is in Aberdeen Proving Grounds and is reserved for military use, even though it is not formally owned by the military. Chances of a civilian getting to use that equipment are slim. BTW, it is a computer controlled rotating mirror coupled to a high speed video camera. welderman (Tom S.)

9. Coachr

Coachr TS Member

So which company makes the reloader for those shells? I haven't seen one in the MEC catalog.

ron s in Newport,NC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

ultimate shot string video