1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ultimate Comb for PFS???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by luvtrapguns, Apr 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Looking for opinions on the ULTIMATE COMB for PFS stocks. What are the claimed benefits or drawbacks as opposed to the standard PFS Comb? Are these made by PFS or is there another company also making them. Thanks, Marc
  2. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Jun 23, 2007
    Vern makes (or perhaps supplies them).

For folks with larger faces, they are more comfortable, they can get in a position to see down the barrel without straining. At least that's what I'm told.

For me, it's different.

My gun requires an adjustment in the height of the comb between 16s and handicaps.

With the original, you turn the screw down to raise, and up to lower the comb. So, Righty raisey, Lefty-lowery.

But, sometimes I forget and turn the wrong way. Or, forget-"Duh, was it one turn or one and a half?"

Then I gotta dial it in again.

With the Ultimate Comb, it is raised or lowered with standard washers, just like any other comb. So, you dial it in for 16s, then dial it in with washers for handicaps, write on the top of the base how many washers on the front and how many on the back (or the same number on each) and, most of the time you can't mess it up.

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Bob is absolutely correct about the comb spacers.. What I like best.. is you can get a hunk of wood.. and make a comb that fits your cheek pocket..Just like gun stocks.. combs are NOT.. one size fits all..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.