1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

UK PSA Texting While Driving... Caution Graphic !

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Jerbear, Aug 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

I just saw this tonight on The Factor. A PSA from the UK about texting while driving. I had my kids watch it. The only one I can fine so far is the 4 minute version. The original PSA is 30 minutes. UK must really have a problem with kids and texting while doing just about anything. Again Caution Very Graphic !!!!!

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8I54mlK0kVw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8I54mlK0kVw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

The URL is above if you want to email it for teenagers you may know.

Jerbear

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Should be mandatory in all Driver's Ed and high school classes!!!!

3. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

There has been a dramatic increase in students running their cars under the back of school buses.......any guess why. Parents are awol. We are witnessing the results of our lost generations and their inability to think.

Maybe there will be a rash of junk lawsuits against the Mfgr's of these nuisances.LOL That should give their generation jobs to survive on.

4. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Seriously.... We have the technology to stop this cell phone/texting while operating a motor vehicle dead in its tracks for good but the movers and shakers will fight it and people will continue to die.....mostly our youth.

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

I wish this technology had never been invented. But you know how it is in America today; good jobs being sent overseas, no new ones being created...in order to survive, companies have to find a way to sell kids "air," since our economy produces less and less that is "real."

After witnessing the slack-jawed addiction that kids (and adults) have to this technology, I'm now firmly in favor of raising the driving age to 18. In fact, I frankly wouldn't be surprised to log on here next week, and find that some long-time TS.commer has been killed in a wreck where the kid in the other vehicle had a phone pried out of his cold, dead fingers.

Just a matter of time. If it's me, it's been good knowing you all.

6. trapp2012

trapp2012 Member

I'm just about 16 know. Seeing that video is about similar to the dramatizations shown in Drivers Ed., young teens of all have the highest crash rate of any age group almost 10 x's the rate of someone in their 30's and 40's or 50's do. I don't text while driving nor talk on the phone it's illegal in Ohio and in other states also. Having other teens riding with you just increases the factor of a teen crash occurring and in Ohio your prohibited to have over 1 other passenger in the vehicle until your 17. Author of the thread was correct it was a dramatic scene but accidents of this type are all to common.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.