1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Uh oh ...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Mr Newbius©, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

I've got to go out back and clean a gun, I sure hope I can remember how to take it apart and put it back together again.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

If all else fails, follow the instructions.

3. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Before anyone gives the suggestion as to where it can be put after cleaning all I will say is no thats not the right place for it.

4. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

Apparently you've never watched a squad of troopers fresh from the bush gather around a half-drum of diesel fuel while each man broke down his weapon and tossed the parts in the black liquid. Then each would fish around until he came up with something, clean it, inspect it and lay it aside to drain until all the parts were out of the drum. Then each man would take what he needed, wipe the part, inspect it again and re-assemble his weapon before heading to the test range to verify that it worked.

Morgan

5. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Diesel fuel? Ah heck no, have you seen the price of diesel fuel lately? It would be cheaper to clean it with premium high octane gasoline.

6. Church Key

Church Key TS Member

Long-long ago I had to clean 120 brand new M-1's still packed in Cosmoline. Was given a bunch of rags, 5 gals. of gasoline and cleaning tools. Told to do it outside. My hands did not have any skin oil for weeks.

7. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Dang it ... I cut the end of my finger while cleaning my 11-87 wiping down the innards with a rag, not a bad cut but like a heavy duty paper cut right on the trigger spot on the trigger finger.

Should be a fun day of shooting tomorrow ... dang 11-87!

8. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

1100's and 11-87's have been designed to damage fingers, either by cleaning inside the receiver or putting one of your fingers inside to wipe up some debris on the carrier with the bolt open. The results are either cuts from sharp edges or smashed finger tips when the bolt slams shut. In the event that there is serious bleeding, rest assured it will eventually stop. It will stop on it's own or you will run out of blood. Either way, it stops eventually. Rags or gloves will not help. Murphy's law would dictate that the damage will be to the finger you need the most. For some of us, that would be the trigger finger. Others may just lose the ability to express themselves and communicate effectively.

9. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Drop breadcrubs and retrace them to put it back together.

10. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

You Rem shooters ought to take a lesson from us Beretta guys. Oil the actions, then you wouldn't have those wear edges to cut your fingers on. GOOD LUCK

ps Or trade up to a Beretta.

11. bayrat

bayrat TS Member

My 1100 Trap has a disturbing habit of the bolt slamming shut while inserting a fresh round around the ejection deflector pin and into the breech. This once happened while practicing the day before a local shoot. The worst part is that the extractor buried itself into the pad of my trigger finger! I said @#$& (OUCH). Made for an "interesting" time the next day. I said @#$& (OUCH) every time I pulled the trigger!

Won my class though!

Erol Tucker - The Bayrat
    POC, TX

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.