1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

UGLIEST CARS EVER MADE!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    My daughter and I were driving on the expressway the other day. My daughter says "what is that car, boy is it ugly? That car we saw was a AMC Pacer. After not seeing one for years, it was ugly, and it had a lot of glass on it. I said to clean it, you would go through lots of Windex. So here is my list of the five ugliest cars ever made.

1. AMC Pacer
    2. AMC marlin
    3. Ford Edsel
    4. 58 Oldsmobile
    5. AMC Gremlin

Steve Balistreri

2. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Pontiac Aztec, must have been designed after a X-mas part !!

Phil Berkowitz

3. Shotgunbutch

Shotgunbutch Member

Yugo---Corvair---Pinto

4. wm rike

wm rike Member

There's a difference between cars that are ugly and cars that look strange fifty years later.

Ugly like Citroen. And I'll second the Gremlin, Pacer, and Aztec.

Corvairs were pretty stylish while they were being built, and against the usual monstrosities being built in the late fifties, the Edsel wasn't so bad.

5. thewolf

thewolf TS Member

Ok, you have taken care of some of the American cars add Pinto and some Pontiac suv/car I saw this morning. Now for the foriegn: Renault Lecar, any Citreon, any Peogot, Datsan 210/510 or anything Russian.

6. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

The Metropolitan.

7. senior smoke

I will also tell you my two all time beautiful cars. If I could purchase new off the assembly line I would.

1. 1957 Chevy

2. 1955 Chevy

Side note: A friend of mine who has always prescribed to auto magazines said one year a magazine asked it's readers to vote for the all time neatest Chevy ever built. 57 Chevy won hands down. The ugliest Chevy voted was for the 58, and close to that was the 59.

He also told me although the 57 was neat in appearance, they had brake related problems. He also said Ford only out sold Chevy one year in the 50's, forgot what year that was. He mentioned that Ford did not go to the 12 volt battery until a lot later than Chevy.
    Steve

8. Skeeix

Skeeix TS Member

The year that Ford outsold Chevrolet in the 50's was coincidently 1957. Go figure.

Clyde

9. Basicdesignmachine

Basicdesignmachine TS Member

AMC Pacer, AMC Marlin & the Smart car

10. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

Ford had a lot going on in '57. It had an all new body style for the F100. It was the last and thus most refined year for the 2 seater T-Bird. The Skyliner was introcuced (fully retractible hard top).

Ugly = all AMCs in 1960s and 1970s. Today the "Cube" would have to rank pretty high along with the Smart Car.

11. NintyT

NintyT Member

1974 Ambassador. UGLY!

12. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Pinto, Cube, Pacer, Rambler, any early Jap sedan. I liked the 58 Impala, and the 56 Ford Crown Victoria. The hot car where I grew up was the 1957 Olds Super 88 J-2. Everyone lowered them to the ground and installed reversed chrome wheels. They were cool. I had three.

13. big joe

big joe Member

To me most of the newer cars you see on the road are ugly.

They all look the SAME, No soul at all. I cant tell one from the other.

14. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

The PT Cruiser, what ever the car is that is a box on wheels and low to the ground. The smart car is a coffin on wheels.

15. Doug Kennedy

Doug Kennedy Active Member

LMAO @ someone that thought a 58 chevy was a good looking car
    [​IMG]

16. team henges

team henges TS Member

My favorite cars would have to be the 1969 charger, the 70 nova, 1973 challenger and the 74 cuda. My all time favorite truck is the 2001 dodge ram 2500 single cab long bed cummins diesel.

What are your favorite cars and trucks?

Brendan

17. senior smoke

My father gave me the 1955 Chevy Belair in 1967, two toned blue and white. His uncle Joe decided to purchase a new cadillac that year,so he gave my dad his 57 olds convertible. Beautiful fast car, with around 45,000 miles on it. Was the olds engine called the rockett 88?
    steve

18. senior smoke

Rick:
    what the heck is that?

Brendan:
    My dad had a 66 Plymouth Barracuda, small v8. Hard to clean the back window.

When I married my wife she had a white Amc Javelin, nice looking car.

My grandpa had a Desoto with push button park, drive, etc I think in the stering wheel or on the dash, can't remember.

Henry Fonda asked his daughter Jane in a movie, What type of car did you rent? She said I don't know. He said if it's ugly and breaks down a lot it's probably a Nash. Anyone know was Nash and Rambler the same car?
    Steve

19. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

One of the top ten ugliest: AMC Matador, an American Motors version of the Dodge Charger (sixties series)....also, most listed above along with some oldies: my old Studebaker Champion '51, don't know which way it is going if you can't see the steering wheel or the propellor nose, the Kaisers and Frasiers, Willys Aero (made nice hot rods) and most of the Studebaker Larks.

20. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Rick, that can't be a factory car, can it?? Somebody had to modify it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

is the amc pacer the ugliest car ever made

recent top worst cars ever made with pacer and aztec