1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

UGB 25 Problems

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by phudson, Mar 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phudson

phudson TS Member

A good friend purchased a UGB 25 from Joel Etchen about a year ago. The gun has been a constant problem. It is being shipped back to the factory for the third and last time today. The first 2 times it was sent for repair the gun had come apart on the line. We would stop shooting to look for parts which had fallen out on the line. When the gun was returned after the first repair it lasted less than 2 rounds. Second time I believe there was a broken pin and Beretta replaced the entire bolt mechanism. Last night while shooting league the gun started falling open after each shot and didn't eject.

I am posting this as a warning to those that might be considering a UGB 25. Dealing with Beretta customer service has been extremely painful, long telephone holds and slow turn around on repair. I am guessing there are a number of UGB stories out there. There was a demo at the Golden West Grand in Reno last May that broke twice before they pulled it off the line. The factory authorized gunsmiths won't touch them.

Buyer beware!

2. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

I too purchased a UGB25 from Joel Etchen in Sept. 08. After 400 rounds the gun broke and I sent it back to Beretta for repairs. The gun was fixed and the turnaround was very quick. After that I put several thousand rounds through it without incident. I sold mine at a considerable loss at the first opportunity. Too complicated, too many moving parts. After the first breakdown I never again trusted it to stick with me for the long haul. I predict the models demise fairly quickly. I have to admit it was a fun gun to shoot. gyrine

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I always thought the UGB was a genetic mutation from crossing a Winchester 97 with Browning Gold. Still can't figure out the attraction to it.

4. phudson

phudson TS Member

Update

Beretta USA has agreed to replace the gun. Joel Etchen has agreed to take the new replacement UGB on trade for a different gun. Hope it all works out.

5. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

When they are giving them away I will get another one. I loved shooting doubles with it. I am not a serious doubles shooter, just Sunday club stuff. I thought it was a way cool gun, just too complicated to be trusted for the long run. Sorta like my second wife, the young one. gyrine

6. Duck Creek

Duck Creek TS Member

Phudson. Excellent thread on UGB25, and Beretta customer service. No one should ever have to put up with the poor service that F.W. received from Beretta. It is good to see that F.W. will finally get the situation resolved.

Jay Davis:

7. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

The way I dealt with Beretta with my under warranty UGB25 was just to box the gun up and send it to them in Maryland. The one email I sent customer service was never answered. I didn't think it would be any use to try to contact them by phone based on their lousy service reputation. I about fell over when I had the gun back in less than 3 weeks from the time I turned it over to UPS. Of course I was not reimbursed for my shipping expense but they did pay for the return. They did fix the problem and sent along a detailed explanation of the work done. gyrine

8. B682GX

B682GX TS Member

Sounds similar to the experience of a shooter from Depoe Bay, OR who bought his gun from the gun from the gun club in Gervais OR.

9. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Just like people who bough 57 Edsels--beauty & functionality is in the eye of the beholder---who knows the UGB-25 maybe worth more as a collector item than a trap gun !!!

Phil Berkowitz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
beretta ugb issues
beretta ugb troubleshooting
beretta ugb25

beretta ugb25 problems

joel etchen repair parts for beretta ugb25excel
problems with beretta ugb
ugb 25

ugb25