1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

ugb 25 excell good or bad

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by flyngunslinger, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flyngunslinger

flyngunslinger Member

anybody got information too share about Beretta's break-down auto?

2. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Too many other proven choices.

3. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

uglier than a half chewed carmel,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

4. autogun

autogun Member

I have one and it is just plain fun to shoot. It points really well, at least for me.

5. flyngunslinger

flyngunslinger Member

i lookin around at some alternatives to my 1100 for doubles. I keep gettin some nasty looksfrom my right on oost 1-4. I had a weld beadputin my receiver but itdoesn't help much.

6. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

if you your break them, good for you. just make sure you look good doing it.

7. Tony Fortino

Tony Fortino Member

The reliability of an auto with the recoil of an over under? hmmph?

To each his own I guess

8. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I shot one.. I was not impressed.. Nothing beats the reliability of a Over/Under especially if you shoot reloads..

9. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

I have been shooting trap with a Beretta UGB25 for about a year now - probably 8,000 rounds. I like it a lot, but only after I put a raised rib and a new stock on it. I bought it because it works very well for left handers, and now I find I can shoot pretty well with it. I get a 25 straight about once every 5 - 8 boxes of shells.

But lately, I've been having mechanical trouble with the gun - it won't lock closed. Getting help from Beretta has proved very difficult. I had heard that their customer support was close to nil, and now I believe it.

If I had it to do over again, would I buy the gun? Maybe, maybe not - I'm really not sure. The gun is a pleasure to shoot, but the problem with Beretta's customer support has really turned me off. That the gun has mechanical problem after a year of shooting doesn't bother me - that can happen to any gun, but that all I get is telephone menus and terminal hold when I call Beretta . . . .

If you have any specific questions about the gun, I'd be glad to answer them.

Ted K.

10. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

This subject has been beat around quite a bit. Go to search and you will find threads going back a year or so. I owned one, it went tits up after 400 rounds, fixed by Beretta. You gotta like picking up hulls if you reload. Fun gun to shoot, it really smoked targets for me, but not worth the considerable agravation. Lots of little moving parts and springy thingy's and little levers to go haywire. Takes two people to put it together so you haul it around in one piece like a Mod 12. The adustable stock hardware is a joke. I would buy another one just for fun if I could get it for the price of a nice used Rem. 1100. gyrine

11. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Good or bad?

How about... bizarre?

12. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I do give Beretta major Kudos for at least trying something different and inovative.

13. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I a gree with Tron. I like new things and getting out of the box. I just don't think the gun will be around long but at least they tried

14. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Neither. Unorthodox.

15. meruns

meruns Well-Known Member

Puts one to mind of a recoiless Browning, with likewise trade-in value. Stick with the 303. 390, 391,1100, 1187, SX-1, etc, with a deflector. These are easy to fix when - not if - they fail. ....merlyn

16. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

You hit it on the head Merlyn....
    Just what I was gonna say, reminds me of a Recoiless Browning and it's non- existant resale value.

They should have called it the Beretta Onion.
    Why? Cause it's so ugly it makes you cry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.