1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

U S Open Scores

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JGS, Jun 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JGS

JGS Member

Where can one find the scores from the US Open?

2. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

they are posted now at the link above

3. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Scores appear to be on the low side. Were the shooting conditions difficult,windy etc.? OT

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

It wasn't really that windy except for Sunday and even it wasn't bad. There was some warmer weather than normal for early June but no real conditions you can blame low scores on IMHO. I just shot bad. No excuses.

5. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

1oldtimer,

I found the shooting conditions to be very difficult but why, I don't really know. I shot both my lowet handicap and doubles score of the year. Usually at shoots when talking to people, you always here someone saying that they are on fire breaking good scores. Didn't hear it this past weekend.

6. grntitan

Matt--I can't figure out what the deal was this week. You pretty much nailed it when you said nobody was really shooting great. What are your ideas or thoughts? I mean for the WSRC the wind wasn't really that bad at all. We usually have much stronger and sustained winds. Heck maybe i can't shoot in calm weather anymore. Maybe i just can't shoot. :(

Matt

7. trap_shooter2000

trap_shooter2000 Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I think all of us were "scratching our heads," trying to figure out what was going on. Very low scores by the majority, so there was definitely something to it. May have been a visual issue or something. See you guys in Ohio.

Aaron W.

8. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

In my opinion, it had to somehow with the setting of targets. Not enough spin, too much spin, too much speed, not enough speed, etc. In the singles event Saturday, I counted roughly around 10 targets on my squad that smoke flew off. Yet, none of them broke. The week before, I broke a 191/200 at our state zone shoot. The 9 misses were all my fault! Should have been alot better. There were (2) 199's @ our zone shoot with 30-something shooters. Only (1) 199 at the US Open out of 250 shooters.

9. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

It sure sounds like a tougher to break target was thrown at the US Open? I remember the Remington Targets thrown at the 99 Grand! Those puppies were tough as he!! to break for most, some guys had no trouble at all breaking them?? I recall dusting one real hard and knocked it sideways out of it's flight path about 3 feet and that sucker wobbled to the ground and hopped around a bit and never did break!! Composition of targets changing, damp storage conditions? There is an answer somewhere!!

Hap

10. grntitan

The important thing is it was consistenst for all according to the scores. Evertbody seemed to be shooting the same targets. I don't feel so bad after hearing from others.

11. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

1 thing about it.....i wouldn't call them "soft" targets by any means.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

us open trapshooting scores

usopen trapshoot 2006