1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

U.S. Open attendance

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Orange Irish, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orange Irish

Orange Irish TS Member

I know some had questions about the number of shooters at the U.S. Open. I have not seen them posted yet, I apoligize if this is redundant info.
    According to the Sparta News-Plaindealer, there were 700 shooters with 3815 entries. 317 shooters on on Thursday, 424 on Friday, 574 on Saturday, and 361 on Sunday. The 2006 U.S. Open drew nearly 1500.

2. XTFreak

XTFreak TS Member

Gas $3.00+ a gallon
    Shot $30.00 a bag

... need I say more?

Until prices come back to earth, trapshooting is going to take a big hit since travel expense is a big part of it.

3. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Let me know where I can find the $3 per gallon gas.

The station next to my office (and usually the cheapest place in the area) is at $3.719 (was $3.519 on Monday).

Scott

4. incognito

incognito TS Member

In six months when gas is $4 a gallon and shot is $40 a bag you'll be wishing it was back to $3 & $30. Prices are never going to come down. Oh sure, there may be market corrections that might cause temporary dips in prices, but as a whole we have the cheapest gas and shot right now that we are ever going to have. Why can't people get that through their heads?

5. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Incognito -

You may be right. I can stock up on lead at these "cheap" prices, but unfortunately I can't do the same with the gas.

Scott

6. ANTRIM UDF

ANTRIM UDF TS Member

Participation in everything is down. Too many folks working for $10/hr/no benefits and most things costing about 30% more in the last nine months. Gas and shooting used to be pocket change for me; now I watch more what I spend. A Sunday shoot for fifty targets is $3o bill.///Orange Irish; what county? Do you say Amn`t I for aren`t I?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.