1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

U.S. most armed country with 90 guns per 100

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by GrubbyJack, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

A dam fine record to be proud of...U.S. citizens own 270 million of the world's 875 million known firearms, according to the Small Arms Survey 2007 by the Geneva-based Graduate Institute of International Studies... Grubby.....

2. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

I wonder who would have a problem with this, or those who butts we kicked or those who butts we saved…. LOL

3. Finprof

Finprof TS Member

Just a guess - but the US is probably also the most "car'd" and "TV'd" country in the world as well. In many parts of the world folks can't afford to have 20 or 30 guns or 5 cars or 10 TVs.

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Hey Joe- Does your post hint that I should not own a gun? I can clearly document that I do not know how to use one.

Pat Ireland

5. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Oh Oh-- I have fallen behind. I will have to show this to the wife and build into the family budget a gun purchase per month. It is downright un-American to not do your part and own at least 100 guns per household. Let see now... a nice little H&K 9mm. sub machine gun with grenade launcher for the month of September is a good start. Fred

6. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

I wouldn't trust any data coming out of Geneva.

7. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

Although the report relied heavily on statistics provided by government sources, the rest of the report (link above) provides some interesting figures about where other countries rank.

8. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

And THAT my friends, is exactly why the world wants us to be disarmed. It will be a lot harder to invade if they think that that many folks have firearms. Fortunately, some have multiple guns so it makes it look as if more are armed than not. Hope the trend continues. John

9. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

What I'm PROUD OF is the fact we have the freedom to OWN them. Remember a man with a gun is a CITIZEN, a man with NO right to own one is a SUBJECT!

10. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

The way I see it you can never tell when I might have to arm the neighborhood. Or I have twenty other peoples guns for statistics to come out at that ratio. LOL

Rock

Jim

11. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

"The 2nd Amendment........America's TRUE Homeland Security"

Really? It's perfectly legal for you to own guns, so why didn't you stop 9-11?

Can we depend on you to stop the next terrorist attack?

12. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

"The 2nd Amendment........America's TRUE Homeland Security"

I know you. You're a strange animal - alligator mouth, bird balls.

13. oz

oz Active Member

I like it but I would think that switzerland is ahead of us, percentage wise, as they MAKE every male between 16 and 60 (i believe) to have an assault rifle. oz

14. twopipe

twopipe Member

"a third world country like England" sheesh, how dumb are you ?

15. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

<I>"And THAT my friends, is exactly why the world wants us to be disarmed. It will be a lot harder to invade if they think that that many folks have firearms."</I>

You've been watching too many Arnold action movies. There isn't a country on the planet, including the US of A, that has the where-with-all to move an invasion force big enough to make it past I-95 from the east or I-5 from the west. The only people that have a chance at us are the Canadians or the Mexicans. I don't think our over-supply of guns has anybody rethinking any invasion plans they might have had.

16. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Capt., when was the last time we were invaded and why do YOU think that is the case?

There is the little matter of the Global disarmament movement that President Bush put the kabash on. What reason do you think that they wanted to disarm us for? Just like gun control, a little bit at a time.

Say what you want but when it all hits the fan, folks that have thoughtfully provided for themselves will be everyones new best friends.

On another note, what was the longest lasting democracy? And how long did it last? Personally, I think that we are on borrowed time right now. At least that is what ONE of the voices in my head is saying.

John

17. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

jnoemanh;

Your two posts are so ignorant, they are laughable. You are one really dumb liberal!!!

18. guncase

guncase TS Member

SLIDE ACTION,,,, not a subject,,, a VICTIM!!!!

19. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    American citizens are the most armed.<br>
    <br>
    American citizens are the most free.<br>
    <br>
    Coincidence? I think not.

20. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

I can pretty much guarantee that had there been a percentage of armed citizens on those aircraft...9-11 would not have happened to the awful extent that it did. There would have been an in-air gunfight that MIGHT have resulted in loss of life of passengers or crew members and MIGHT have resulted in loss of the entire aircraft....that's what MIGHT have happened...I seriously doubt the terrorists would have been able to get into the pilot's seat and calmly fly the aircraft into the World Trade Center, or Pentagon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.