1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

U.S. Mail

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by deadelk, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadelk

deadelk Member

With the Post Office budget concerns, it occurred to me that I don't need daily delivery. Three days a week would serve me well. All I get is bills and junk mail anyway. What say you. How did daily delivery become the standard anyway?

2. waterhouselake

waterhouselake TS Member

A lot of their problems are do to work rules and structuring. Raising the cost to mail a letter encourages customers to seek alternatives. It should be privatized. The government/postal employees will fight you on any attempts to upset the status quo....

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

Walrus- The twice a day delivery, once on Saturday, was eliminated around 1953. Some of us remember the army green boxes where the mail was dropped for the local mailman.

The PO is operated by the Government. That will always make it less than efficient. And, health care seems to be coming next. The Post Office has a dead letter office with mail they don't know how to deal with. Will the government health care system have a similar office?

Pat Ireland

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

My mail has dropped to almost nothing since I have all the bills sent by email. I pay them online so I save almost $40 a year on postage.

Eric

5. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

I am just glad all those automated machines the PO has saves us all those millions of $.

GS

6. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

If the USPS wants to increase revenues, raise the postage price of junk mail.

JMHO

Jim C

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.