1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

u guys are pretty smart: making a 3moa dot a 10moa

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by quartering, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quartering

quartering Active Member

i have a ncstar d4b red dot sight which i like except for the size of the dot. it's a 3 moa. i'd like about a 10 moa. is there a do it yourself way for me to increase the size of that dot? thanks

2. GoldTrigger

GoldTrigger Member

Depending on the yardage you are shooting at, a 10 moa dot is way too large. A dot that big is like a really thick crosshair on a cheaper line scope. It will cover the intended bullseye and not allow for real accuracy. I really learned this while shooting 22cal. steel targets. smaller may take just a split second longer to aquire the sight picture but is much better when it comes to holding on a very specific section of a bull. also as yardage to target increases this becomes even more pronounced..

Just my opinion hope it helps Gery

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    With the exception of the C-More Railway sight which has plug in modules, and with various sights that have a select switch offering different dot sizes like the Matchdot, then you probably won't be able to change the dot size.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Bushnell Holosite. Has replaceable inserts. Some are bizarre, like diamond, tombstone, etc. Even if they don't have a big dot you can have fun changing the inserts.

HM

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The Bushnell Holosight has been discontinued, and the reticle was fixed. But this red dot sight has selectable reticles, including a 3 and a 10 MOA dot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.