1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

typically how long does it take Browning 4 repair?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Sep 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I am shipping a Browning XT to Browning for repairs how2 long does it normally take? A general go through rebuild job.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. Limpy100

Limpy100 Member

All most forever

3. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Browning, itself, would be about my last choice to do what you want done. Doug Braker would be my first choice.

I have heard of guns not being returned for more than 6 months and, in one case on another forum, returned after 6 or so months with nothing done to it because, apparently, the owner called and complained about the length of time the job was taking.

Never had this experience myself, since I was concerned enough never to use Browning for anything.

I think, even with warranty work, I'd pay someone like Doug so I could get the gun back in a reasonable time.

But, YMMV as they say.

Bob

4. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Call Skeet's Gun Shop in Talequah, OK!!!! Dean is super good with Browning! Jack

5. FLIP

FLIP Member

my XT barrel needed replaced(at the Ohio state shoot) they made me a new barrel and back to me in three weeks!! yes they made a top single barrel and back to me in THREE WEEKS i will all ways be a Browning owner!!

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Typically somewhere between 6 months and hopefully before you die. Usually better to pay to have the work done than rely on brownings warranty unless its something major that would be fixed for free. If you're going to have to pay for it either way (which you will on a rebuild), sending it back to the factory would be my absolute last choice w/ Browning.

7. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Send it to Midwest Gun Works. Browning Factory Service Center. They do great work.

8. Simon Engraving

Simon Engraving Active Member

typically 3 to 6 mo. but with hunting season upon us good luck.

9. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Browning qouted my brother 17 MONTHS for a salt wood repair on a Superposed.

Arts in Hillsboro, MO is excellent and much quicker than Browning.

Bob

10. dds4horse

dds4horse Member

sent foreend for simple repair early march got back late june.

11. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

My vote would be Art's as well.....

12. Doubles Xpert

Doubles Xpert Member

DR Longshot, you were at the Grand just last month right? Cause if you were you missed a golden opertunity...

Browining will work on your gun while you wait if you go to the grand with it..

Or atleast they did mine back in 02... tightened that sucker right up, replaced all kinds of springs and did'nt charge me a cent !! But as far as shipping it to them, I've heard all kinds of horror stories of 6 Months or more!!

13. JH

JH Well-Known Member

No worries, your greatgrandchild will get the gun back when he is in high school...

14. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

3/4" hairline crack in the forearm of a new XT - sent to Browning under warranty - $54 shipping and it took them 3 months. The majority of that time was in queue waiting for assignment to a gunsmith. They need to hire more people. If you're paying for it, send it to MGW instead.

Rich

15. tj303

tj303 Member

It took 6 months to do a warranty repair.

16. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that Browning states that they do not have a warranty as such but will do repairs they deem "warrantiable" on a "case by case" basis.

I have a 3 year-old XT in which a hammer pin (axle) broke at the thread root. This caused the receiver to crack and be unrepairable. The break was discovered by my former-Browning gunsmith during the gun's annual service. He contacted Browningimmediately by phone, shipped the gun and requested that any replacement gun have my wood installed. A new gun arrived at my house 4 weeks later with my wood attached and factory wood in the box as well.

I was impressed but my smith commented that there appear to be "levels of service" at Browning and that guns serviced and sent by their service network seem to get priority treatment. Who knows...

Keller

17. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

It took 9 months for Browning to fix my forearm iron on an old Superposed.I thought I'd never get it back..............never again(factory that is).

D.P.Reynolds

18. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I shipped the Browning XT this morning for the owner, she wants Browning to go through it, it had a broken ejector and sometimes opened when firing.

I downloaded the repair order and filled in the necessary information and enclosed it with the gun.

Sent it USPS Insured w/tracking number.

we will see how long it takes.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

19. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

If you're past your 40s don't send it or your Executor will have to deal with it.

20. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Gary, Browning will tell you they will send you a work order number which will allow you to "track" your repair on their website; don't count on it. I never got one, but did call them and got it over the phone. Then I was able to log on week after week after week and see that my gun was "waiting assignment to gunsmith".

Rich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
does browning repair for free
how long does it take browning service repair

how long does it take browning to handle my warranty