1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Type of Recoil Pad

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Go Fish, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Go Fish

Go Fish Member

I am restocking my Citori with a Wening American Trap Stock. My question is regarding the different shapes of recoil pads. Pachmayr Trap models have a concave face, their skeet models are flat, Gooey pads are convex and Kick-Ezz has several shapes, flat, modified trap & rocker shape are a few. When anyone replaces a recoil pad, what determines which shape to use? Past experience, trail & error or what? Thanks for any input. Ed Fish Racine WI.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Personal preference. I like the flat Kick EEZ pads and my son likes their concaves. Try several to see what you like before you buy. Basically your shoulder pocket will determine the shape. Go to a gun store with a lot of guns with different pads. That way you can try the different shapes.

Matt

3. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Ed... I, personally, prefer the Kick-eez "modified" trap pad. The one I use is the 403. It works well for me as I have a pretty big chest and the pad allows me to mount the gun correctly consistantly. It is going to be a personal choice for you at this point.... It may be worth while to buy a couple different pads you like and try them on your gun without fitting the pad to the stock. That way you can find the one you like the best and sell the other ones here. In my opinion, the correct recoil pad makes all the difference in the world when it comes to correct gun mount and how the gun fits in your shoulder pocket. The recoil reducing effect of the pad is secondary for me. They all reduce some of the recoil.... Just my opinion... Dan Thome (Trap2)

4. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

It,s all what you like. I like kick-eez concave the best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.