1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Type 4 Perazzis?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by claybrdr, May 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Above serial # 51,243? Just want to verify. Thanks.

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

This generally trusted number has been challenged in one occasion, where a gentleman stated he has a type 4 barrel with ser. # lower than this. Said ser. # & barrel under lug's originality has not been verified by clear pictures or trusted 3rd party.

We all know type 4 barrel lug can be made to modify, so that's not new.

To show you some examples of legally re-stamped ser. #s on Perazzi barrels, here's a picture of two actual barrels I caught in the past.

Can you tell the numbers were re-stamped? Excellent job, I must say. My gunsmith said he can do something like this for $200 too.

[​IMG]

These are perfect examples to show that silly "all ser.#s match" statement is almost worthless for people who turn their nose on "NON-Collectable" guns with mismatched #s. (Does it matter if Engine & transmission # match?) LOL

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Steve.. I once had a 4 bbl set that had a number vastly higher than the changeover number.. and it was a cat3.. Everything matched.. including the wood.. I never made a point of it.. as I parted it out anyway...Wonder what that story was???? All Good.. Mike

4. claybrdr

Anyway to tell by looking at the forend latch or???

5. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

If you don't have full access to the subject gun, look at the forend latch, the type 3 latch is shorter, this is not a clear picture, you have to look closely on the latches.

[​IMG]

Here's the best way to distinguish type 3 & type 4:

[​IMG]

6. claybrdr

Thanks, Steve.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.