1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Type 3 Perazzi f/a set screw source

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by MOP, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MOP

MOP Active Member

Does anyone know a source for these, or if they are even needed? If I remember correctly, someone posted that Giacomo said don't worry with them, just keep the screws snugged up.

2. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Should be Used...Keeps other screw from loosing..and That is what Make the Wood set Crack when Loose.
    Hard to Find and Pricey at Best..Still Beats the Cracked Wood.

Several Smiths have offered to upgrade type 3 irons with 2 wood screws placed in end of iron..similar to type 4 draw bolts.

Have seen this Install..Ends all problems with the type 3 irons. Good Luck with your Hunt.

Shoot Well..Shoot Often with Family and or Good Friends, Bart

3. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

My local True Value hardware store has them in the metric set screw section.
    .25 each

Ed Yanchok

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

You're better off going without them, and just making sure the screws are tight. The lock screws can actually CONTRIBUTE to cracking forends, b/c if the forend shrinks or swells with age/humidity, the lock screws won't allow the attachment screws to tighten completely. The 682 has them as well, and most people pull them out and throw them away.

5. drgondog

drgondog Member

I have been in the camp of Snug the screws and locktite - thne check everytime I break one down and case it.

On one it has been working for 30 years after following Giacomo's advice.

6. MOP

MOP Active Member

Drgondog - Do you use blue locktite?

7. Baber

Baber TS Member

When I install wood on my Yype 3 guns I use cap,screws to do the initial installation. Once the Forarm is assembled and tight I remove one screw at a time and replace it with the correct Perazzi screw with Locktite including the set screw. Since I started this proceedure I have no losing problems.

T

8. drgondog

drgondog Member

Moe - I answered 'red' but blue should work

9. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Don't know about Beretta, but with a Perazzi, you need all the screws.

Do NOT use RED Loctite. You'll never get it out, if you do. Normally, you would use a blowtorch to remove any screw installed with RED Loctite.

Use BLUE or some of your wife's nail polish, and just a small dag is all that is necessary.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.