1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Two Shots for Wobble Trap?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by IndyShotgun, Oct 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

Apart from annoying me, what is the purpose behind allowing two shots per target in Wobble/ABT?

The idea of a tougher game is to lower scores, not to waste ammo in search of a few more points to prop up your ego. You get a bird, and you hit or miss. One bird, one shot.

When we move America out of American Down the Line and into Automatic Ball Trap as the basic game, we need to implement a rule allowing only one shot per bird.

2. MisterHappy

MisterHappy Member

it's a scheme by the ammo companies.

3. Scoutman 06

Scoutman 06 Active Member

I think wobble trap is an inexpensive attempt to duplicate bunker trap, which also allows 2 shots. I agree though. Since wobble trap is not as difficult as bunker, especially from the 17 yd. line, allowing only 1 shot would make it more challenging. John

4. bgf

bgf Active Member

Almost everyone at my club shoots one shot only...but what ever floats your boat. Do we want to discourage shooters?

5. bgf

bgf Active Member

Almost everyone at my club shoots one shot only...but what ever floats your boat. Do we want to discourage shooters?

6. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Indy, Do You Really Think We Care About What You Think!!! Where are the 4 trap clubs around Tampa??? Break em all Jeff

7. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Wobble should shot with one shot - Period . You want to shoot 2 at Bunker , go right ahead . It`s a different game

8. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Are you talking about an ATA sanctioned competitive event or simply a local trend. Nothing wrong with taking a second shot if the playing field is even. I'm for putting as much fun into the game as possible, winning is nice but I'd quit if that was my sole gratification from shooting.

Robert

9. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

well, for fun...break the target with the first shot and then break the biggest piece with the second.

That's how our league team does it.

And before you get all over me for the cost of ammo...by the time you buy the gun and all your crap, the reloaders, pay for league, fill the truck up with $4 gas and drive it to the club, pay the membership at the club, drink the beer and eat the pizza...the AMMO is the cheap part of it all.

10. Baber

Baber TS Member

What you don't realize is that most of the wobble trap you are shooting is not legal. Legal wobble trap is from a ground level trap house not the raised ATA house. The speed of the bird is 76 meters when measured at 2 meters in height at 10 meters in front of the trap house. Angles are 45 degreed in either direction. I shoot bunker and sometimes you really need and want that second shot. A proper wobble can be almost as difficult as bunker. The sad things is that most wobbles are no where near legal.

Indy.. how was New York? I through I saw you marching on Wall Street carrying a sign about the price of targets in Florida and how the gun clubs are so greedy..

Tom

11. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Indy,

Is there "ANY" form of shooting that you don't whine and cry about ???

12. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Indy, from my limited experience with wobble and bunker for those who need to make two shots at the target, I see more misses on the second shot than hits. If you are good enough or lucky enough to break them all with two shots, you need to be shooting wobble or bunker competitively.

By the way, how do you program or calibrate a CVR so it doesn't pick up the sound of a pump gun or automatic chambering a shell. I am still waiting for an answer from your previous post to to the "If the ATA had any sense of promotion" thread.

John E.

13. zaob1

zaob1 Member

For all you cry babies, if you don't like to shoot............quit. We have fun with the wobble. We are there to shoot, have fun, and get to know our brother shooters. Quit complaining.............enjoy the sport, no matter what.

Rick

14. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

In DTL, correct me if I'm wrong, but you are allowed 2 shots with a score on the second shot worth less?!

Jay

15. running bear

running bear Member

Indy

Whats your name?? Inquiring minds want to know?

Buck

16. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Jay, That was the way it was explained to me. I don't remember what the scores are for 1st shot and 2nd shot, but the 2nd is worth less. I Must be suffering from CRS these days. LOL. break em all Jeff

Staying in the gun and practiceing a follow up shot is a excellent way to practice!!! I love to break the largest piece of my first shot in wabble. It helps not only your vision to aquire the largest piece, but to stay in gun follow throgh, move gun to new target,aquire new target lead and shoot it. It does make for alot of fun, but I've never seen anyone try to keep score on it. Its just a game I play for myself while the rest of the squad shoots it the way they like. break em all Jeff

17. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Last year our club had a wobbles league. Only one shot allowed per target. I have no idea why there would 2 shots allowed.

18. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

At some clubs, the 1st shot is cored as a 2, second shot would be a 1 and a miss is 0.

I have yet to see anyone score a 50.

19. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

For those who must practice their Intl' shooting on a Wobble Trap, staying in the gun and taking the second shot, when needed, is a cardinal part of their training.

Living in Tn, there is a very limited supply of Bunker fields (none that work), and few low roof ABT traps.

A trap house with a Wobble Pat sprung all the way up is the only way for a lot of folks to train.

20. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Hey fellas, It's a game. If you want to play in their game, play by their rules. Don't like their rules, don't play! I have never been aware of printed rules dictating method of playing on the wobble except in the Wimpy Wobble. Their game, they dictate! They make the rules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.