1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

TWO PIECES PERAZZI FIRING PIN

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by decimamas 54, Apr 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. decimamas 54

decimamas 54 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

We now have available the two pieces firing pin.
    Price $ 35,00 USD MX set firing pins + #128 pin + springs plus shipping
    Price $ 30,00 USD MX set firing pins + springs plus shipping
    Price $ 18,00 USD TM firing pin + springs plus shipping

We also have available part #207 set of ejector locks price $ 19,00 plus shipping

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

I put a set in a friends gun before I discovered my problems.. All I've heard so far is they work like they should..No problems.. When I feel a little better.. I'll tear the gun down and inspect it.. Sounds like a winner to me..You'll never face the problems the newer Perazzi pins have.. Health permitting.. I'll stay in touch.. Mike

3. SetterGuy

SetterGuy Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Installed a set of Marcello's pins in my Mirage two weeks ago - they work perfectly on everything from mild 20g practice loads to warm 36g (dog) trials rounds. True, the primer doesn't know the difference ... but I do, and am pleased with this upgrade. ,,,,,,, Garth

4. decimamas 54

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

5. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

Looks like the end of firing pin problems in a Perazzi..

6. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

OK.. Courts in session.. I got the gun back last night..tore it down.. soaked it overnight.. My friend said he put thru approx. 5000 rounds in the last 3 weeks..Most all of it was 3 dram 1 1/8oz Winchester ammo.. I see no signs of wear that was not already there.. my gauges verify that conclusion.. The pins looks as installed..

I'd say these pins are a go.. Remember.. they are 2 part.. and somewhere.. wayyyyyy down the road you might want to change either the center or the housing.. but I suspect that will be much longer down the road than regular Perazzi pins.. Also.. You'll never break the back of these pins.. that when the tiny part jams to top lever.. you'll need to break it.. to fix it.. That's actually the biggest plus.. most Perazzi shooters don't even know about..

When you bring your gun to a gunsmith for a broken firing pin.. and get a $300 bill for a top lever.. you'll understand.. True it rare.. but stuff happens..Let me put the receiver back together while I still feel OK.. Be well Mike

7. Trap4

Trap4 Member

0   0   0

Never had a problem with the originil pins since 20002, 140,000 rounds . Am i just lucky or what??

Trap-4

8. tractorboy

tractorboy Member

0   0   0

PerazziBigBore said "You'll never break the back of these pins.. that when the tiny part jams to top lever"

Mike, could you provide more information about exactly what happens when/how this occurs?

9. decimamas 54

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

When pieces are coming off the firing pin usually it's because they have been heat treat wrong. The hammer pounding on it makes shatter the end and if those fragments fall between the lever and the receiver you have a big problem. For this reason I don't heat treat my firing pin only where the hammer hit because that way it's very hard to give the right hardness (tempera induttiva. the body of my firing pins is all temperate the same this way they will not shatter and they hold the center piece much better.

10. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

The very back of some Perazzi firing pins.. older model especially.. but some newer pins too.. The back 1/4" give or take a little breaks off.. This tiny piece.. as small as it might seem.. can fall into the top lever recess if your luck is running bad.. then from there finds it way into the tight portion of the cavity where the foot of the top lever rotates moving the locking bolt.. If it jams the lever.. you can't open the gun..

Now.. sometimes.. IF you get lucky..you can remove the stock and trigger and diddle... fumble... bang..ping...pick.. and you get the tiny piece out.. the top lever opens.. and you fix the firing pin.. returning the gun to shootable status...

If your luck is bad..you'll need to break the top lever to remove it..then everything comes apart and you repair the gun.. Only problem here is that's a solid $300 more in parts.. You might ask Dan at Giacomo's.. Last year we had 1 at the GRAND.. the year before we had 2.. Like I said.. it's not commom.. But it's real.. and expensive..

Normally.. you'll see excessive wear way before this happens.. IF you check your gun on a regular basis.. Hope this helps.. Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.