1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Two New Guns at Southern Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blade819, Mar 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

I was exposed to 2 new Guns while at the Southern Grand this past week. The Beretta guys had a DT11 Unsingle that felt good and also looked good. I didn't have a chance to shoot it though. The second gun was the Butler Semi auto. After shooting doubles and having an owner shooting next to me, I came to the conclusion that I wouldn't have one of these guns even if you gave it to me. It jammed constantly to the point that lost birds were scored because of "mis fires". Good luck Butler.

blade819

2. NMULTRARUNNER55

NMULTRARUNNER55 Member

Blade;

Do you happen to know if the person shooting the Butler was using new, factory ammo or reloads?

Thanks.

Steve Nunley

Albuquerque, NM

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

That is sad!

4. viperrt

viperrt Member

That is too bad re: Butler. I have not shot doubles with mine as yet, however, I have loaded two shels probably at least 10 times in testing without a problem. Used new Estate light eights.

5. larrystrollo

larrystrollo Member

One of the Butler guys was on my doubles squad and the gun performed flawlessly as far as could tell.

I also watched another one of the Butler guys shoot caps, and did not see him have any issues with the gun.

Now, the Butler is probably not for me, but the two I saw were not malfunctioning.

6. blade819

larrystrollo......funny... it was one of the Butler Guys. I assume he was using factory loads. I saw enough to make me never use a Butler.

blade819

7. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Ditto Blade I saw them numerous times on the practice field and always having the same issues.

8. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I saw them too, the appearance of the wood, does not lend to the asking price. They look like an old 3901 wood.

Phil Berkowitz

9. blade819

Certainly a Butler guy having problems with "his" gun is not the endorsement you want.

blade819

10. 7mag

7mag Well-Known Member

I have a friend of mine that got one. They didnt leave enough room in the forearm wood for the bars that slide to work the action when the metal starts getting hot and expanding They are suppose to have wenig make some new forearms to fix the problem is what he told me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.