1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Two Eyed Shooter vs Magic dots

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Zimmy, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zimmy

Zimmy TS Member

Just wondered if any two eyed shooters have gone too the dots on their lenes if they think their non-domiant eye is taking over.I do have a bead blinder too keep left eye from taking over.I have made a new eye test appt. just too make sure something major hasn't changed.

2. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

Yep, I did.

I can shoot a scoped rifle or a pistol with both eyes open and have absolutely no problems.

A year ago, my Browning's rib under a target looked like a railroad rail. Last month it looked like an aircraft carrier's flight deck. I tried the dot. It's annoying, frustrating, distracting and un-natural and I'm having to learn to point the gun all over again. But at least I see only 1 rib and one target. Now if I can get past the feeling that I'm peeking around the corner of a building at something, I'll be on my way to improving.

Morgan

3. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I currently shoot with both eyes open but again I am having my doubts about the crossfiring. About 7 years ago I went to the Uni-Dot hooded fiber optic front bead and that has definitely helped to mostly eliminate the mystery misses on left angles where everything looked right but the target kept sailing. With both eyes open my barrel image is semi transparent and I can see right through the barrel and get a very vague sight picture, I can be way over the top of a target but that fact doesn't register in my brain because I can still see the target so well with my left eye. I still don't know if this is crossfiring or attempting to shoot off the end of the barrel in poor light with a high rib gun. Last Sunday I put the tape patch on my off eye lens and appreciated the definite bird/bead image that gave compared to the vague see through image I get with both eyes open. One problem is I need a guide dog to find a hard left angle target off Post 1 from the 27 when my left eye is blocked. In good light both eyes open seems so easy but in poor light I dunno. It would be quite an adjustment to use the tape patch with a lower gun hold and it would take time and confidence that it is the right thing to do.

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

I would never block one eye with tape unless it is necessary. Cross firing, for a right hand person is most common on left hand targets. Usually, just as you shoot, the bird simply vanishes and it looks as if you are shooing into empty space. The target will sometimes break and you have no idea how you broke the target. If this is common, you need some tape. I would not apply tape until you are certain that you have the problem.

Some top shooters do use a sight blocker because they will cross fire once in 300 targets. For most of us, one more miss in 300 targets is not noticed.

I have the problem and I use tape.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

2 eyed shooters vs 1 eyed shooter