1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Two cops pulled over for DUI

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by halfmile, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Were they on duty?

HM

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Cops have issues just like the rest of us. They need counseling at times too. They are human

3. TD1958

TD1958 Member

I would agree with the counseling but if it is true the officer was stopped 44 times as stated this issue goes way deeper than the statement they need counceling. Tim

4. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Cops are or should be held to a higher standard than the rest of us if they are to police our actions. Yes they are human, but they take being a police officer in some cases as given the rights to do as they please. As example, a Police officer ,off duty gave a terrible beating to a bartend the officer was twice her size and three times her weight, She recently brought action in court that the CPD( chicago Police Dept) for a cover up in the case. More recently a CPD officer shot and wounded a puppy with no good reason these are just a couple of examples of police thinking and acting as if they are above the law. We ask kids to follow the rules and laws yet at every turn they see this kind of thing by the people that are in charge of enforcing the law.

5. kcbullets

kcbullets Member

I have been in law enforcement for 26 years. I agree we are and should be held to a higher standard. We should not be allowed to freely do the very same thing we enforce. Yes we are also human and make mistakes, our mistakes may have greater consequences. It irritates me that some within the profession uses their position for gain. Cops should be curteous, respectful, and professional towards others. Unfortunately we also have to deal with folks that aren't always so nice and we must take "appropriate" action. We wear the badge for a reason and we should not violate the trust of the citizens we serve.

6. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

The military holds its leaders, i.e. senior enlisted and officers to a higher standard than the rank and file and juniors. This is because of the authority they have over subordinates and to maintain high standards to emulate. These higher standards apply on and off duty.

I'm no LEO, never have been, but it seems to me that they too should be held to a higher standard for similar reasons.

Guy Babin

7. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

A cop that drinks away the blues and stress, hardly original. They used to just give each other a ride home.

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Well put KCbullets

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

An officer I knew for years just passed. He was one fine man. coached Little League, had time to listen to your troubles, and was always the best example you could imagine.

I know there are some jerks (used to shoot with one) but there are some very good people too.

I know a guy who was stopped a lot of times for DUI, and he went to prison as a habitual. It must pay to have connections.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.